[DEV] Tutorial Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
AL3X416

[DEV] Tutorial Mod

Post by AL3X416 »

Wow, this is my second mod in two days, but i thought this one would be rather easy, adn i thought id make it so many people could improve on it.

Tutorial Mod

In this mod, you will be able set the forum ID of a tutorial forum you have, and this page will fetch the posts from that, and organize them so its like listing all the tutorials. (Note: I took alot of the code from the fetchposts.php of EzPortal, which i believe is from the Phpbb Fetch All. If either MOD author doesn't approve of me using the code, please tell me in an email or PM or whatever.)

Here's some features id like to have:
- Admin panel for easy editing of the posts within the Tutorial Forum
- Eventually, make this MOD so it acts as a separate forum, instead of just fetching posts from another Forum
- Add a "Topic Description" or "Tutorial Picture" (may require installing either the Topic Description Mod or the Attachment Mod
And I'm up for more suggestions. I should be able to release the very beginning of this MOD by the end of today.

If there are any other MODs like this, or you consider this copyrighting, please tell me, as i will remove this immediately.

AL3X416

Post by AL3X416 »

Ive actually decided to change this MOD around. instead of having it fetch posts from a forum, im going to make it have a seperate forum itself, like, it would have its own tables in the database, and it wouldnt even be considered a forum. It will be more like a Tutorial System.

Old Version:
DEMO

stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

Looks good. Hope you manage some progress with this MOD ;)
very useful :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

AL3X416

Post by AL3X416 »

cherokee red wrote: Looks good. Hope you manage some progress with this MOD ;)
very useful :)
Thanks, right now im working on making the tutorials.php page and making ot somewhat like the veiwforum.php, if you understand. Its basicly gonna be somewhat like that page, and the veiwtopic.php is going to be like the sperate tutorials.

Xeoncross

Tutorial Database MOD

Post by Xeoncross »

I just set out to make a tutorial mod (that could also double as a article/news system mod) when I found your post. But I see that it is from last year so I would like to know if you are still working on it or not. I would be glad to help if I could.

I want a to make (or find) a system where only registered, mod, or admin users can post links to tutorials (or news items) that they liked. So it would basically be a Tutorial Database. I think that would mean that we would need 1 or 2 more tables added to the database. And it would have to have some kind of allow/disallow feature. Uh, and also a category table.

I was working on a test version in phpbb of a couple of *free (almost) tutorial scripts, but I am to new to phpBB to do this alone. Basically, all that needs to be done to either one of these small scripts is to tie it into the user table of phpBB. (And fix the session management...)

If you want to look at the scripts you can download them here:
http://www.xeoncross.com/project_files/phptut1.5.zip
http://www.xeoncross.com/project_files/ ... S_v1.0.zip

Any help or direction in this kind of project would help a lot! Thanks! :wink:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”