[ABD] Custom Profile Fields 1.0.6 (MMW)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Blankety Blank Man

[ABD] Custom Profile Fields 1.0.6 (MMW)

Post by Blankety Blank Man »

I've come to admit that I can't keep up work on this MOD. Life troubles and school have been keeping me from it, and if I ever do get a chance to take it up again, I won't remember how I left off and would have to start from scratch. So, I leave anyone up to the challenge to finish the MOD, and I leave also the last bit of work I've done on it.
I apologize, I just can't do it.

Download: ZIP File
I'm not sure what version this ought to be... 1.0.7 or 1.0.8, maybe. To whomever make take this MOD: take it as a springboard to accelerate your progress.

From the MODings Most Wanted Topic:
wGEric wrote: Custom Profile Fields

This MOD will let an admin create custom profile fields. The field types should include textareas, text input boxes, radio buttons, and checkboxes. You should be able to edit these profile fields from the edit profile page as well as be able to see what users have put in these fields on the view profile page. Admins should also be able to edit what users have put in these fields from the ACP.

Other things you may want to consider when applying for this MOD is how others could hook into the code (simplified function calls / API to add/remove profile fields), and an upgrade path to 3.0
Last edited by Blankety Blank Man on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:26 pm, edited 19 times in total.
McFarlane

Post by McFarlane »

This mod was already done, but it's a good thing somebody is doing one for the latest phpbb version.
Cause now, when I use tpl variabless to make it look less "junky" they don't work in 2.0.18 :(
DS-Abstractions Administrator... | McFarlane-Designs, Administrator...
Evasive-Concepts Administrator...
XBL Gamertag: BkElite

Battle Stats: Wins: 11 | Ties: 1 | Loses: 2
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

McFarlane wrote: This mod was already done, but it's a good thing somebody is doing one for the latest phpbb version.

You got the last part right. ;-) ... also, the other MOD was abandoned. New code may even be better, we'll see sometime soon. :-)

This MOD also will add the profiles to the actual edit profile page, unlike the other one, IIRC. Anyways, I'm done with my borderline off-topic, I guess. :wink:
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Hi,

Just wondering is the ACP side based on the admin_profiles.php from phpBB3? If so would you mind dropping me a PM with perhaps a link to a download. I will keep the file to myself.

Just I am currently porting the custom profiles from phpBB3 to my vehicle garage mod. I have a lot of the ACP work done..but the preview code is causing me some issues. Plus interested to see how you stripped out the $user->lang side if you are using the phpBB3 based code.
Blankety Blank Man

@poyntesm:
No it's not at all based on the phpBB3 code, I haven't ever looked at that ;)
If you want to look at the code I've done, there's a SVN at OpenSVN

And yes, the admin module is, i believe, complete. At least, no more features will be added. I may yet find bugs and amend it

And a demo will be created when I've secured it against SQL injection and I've installed Junior Admin on my demo board (so that you can test the ACP module)

EDIT: I'm getting Internal server errors when I try to commit my changes to the SVN, so this version may not get up for a little while

EDIT2: WOW...
I had been delaying and delaying in working on this MOD for about 2 weeks, and i dunno what happened, but i just about finished it in one night :shock:
Blankety Blank Man

*bumpety for teh BETA, v1.0.0, and DEMO BOARD*
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

If it's at 1.0.0, the topic prefix should be [RC]. :wink:
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
Blankety Blank Man

bwaah.. good point (:<

I s'pose i need ter submit it ^^;

EDIT:
fixed, and submitted
I hope I didn't mess anything up... but there's always something you miss, eh? =/
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Can this create date fields as well? On the site I an administrator on we would like to also be able to add several DATE FIELDS to the profile. These of course would be filed in by the users.

edit: Just checked out the demo. Nice mod.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
Blankety Blank Man

Unless you're talking about the DATE clumn type for the table, I'm not sure what you're asking. And if that is what you're asking, I don't know anything about it :lol:

My knowledge of SQL is limited compared to my knowledge of PHP, HTML, and Java

Oh, one thing I think I forgot to mention. The demo user is blocked out of all admin_*.php files except admin_profile_fields.php and admin_users.php
It can edit all user profiles except mine :D (just in case ;)) Of course, that leaves 3 users to edit, but you can still see the functionality of the MOD
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Basically we were looking to add something in their profile where they can put a specific date in mm/dd/yyyy format. It would then show it as a date in the profile and viewtopic.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
Zothos

Post by Zothos »

found a little error ^^
i added a field, then i tried to delete it..

Code: Select all

Could not remove column from test_users

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2

ALTER TABLE test_users DROP COLUMN

Line : 387
File : admin_profile_fields.php
this happend on your demo board ^^
Blankety Blank Man

Hmm... others seem to have been able to delete, because IIRC, I stared it with a profile field for each type, with that type's name.

But if you click the delete link, you may notice the title of the table:
Are you sure you want to delete profile field "" from the database permenantly?
The name of the field is supposed to be in those quotes, and that names is used to drop the column. For some reason, the name is being lost. I'll work on updating it to 1.0.4 (just recently finished) and see if that fixes the problem...

EDIT: just made db_installer.php, and noticed an error in my SQL action for 1.0.4, and i've updated (again x_x)
still haven't fixed the whole thing to the current version on my localhost or my demo board. so the only real 'up-to-date' version is in the contrib files :lol:
MacExcel

Post by MacExcel »

I am trying to install this mod, and in the directions it says there is a goodies folder, to run the db_installer.php, I don't have that,

is there s special place to get this?

Thanks
John
>agb<

Post by >agb< »

Greetings,

Any plans in including a dropdown/select box option?

Thanks.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”