Are Emails sent through phpbb boards private?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
itzamia

Are Emails sent through phpbb boards private?

Post by itzamia »

I've read that it's possible for Instant Messages to be read by administrators of boards.

Are Emails private?

thank you,

mia
linny

Re: Are Emails sent through phpbb boards private?

Post by linny »

itzamia wrote: I've read that it's possible for Instant Messages to be read by administrators of boards.

Are Emails private?

thank you,

mia

Yes emails are private.

I think u can read instant messages and emails in a fully modded version. :roll:
Zenandrar

Post by Zenandrar »

Don't know about emails, I'm pretty sure these are not stored but I can be wrong, someone correct me pls if I am.

The PMs are easily viewed directly on the DB using phpMyAdmin. Doing it is privacy invasion though...
Black Fluffy Lion
Former Team Member

Post by Black Fluffy Lion »

That is correct: emails are not stored, but PMs are. by default there is no way for an admin to view others' PMs using phpBB.
itzamia

Post by itzamia »

Everyone...

Thank you for your replies.

mia

Sorry about the multiple posts. I got error messages that made it appear to me that the first times I tried I was not successful, then I couldn't get back into the forum at all for a while.

Moderator, please feel free to delete the duplicates.
starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Do most servers log outbound emails by default? (the server, not phpbb)
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”