phpBB2.0.X development

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
Alexander the Great

phpBB2.0.X development

Post by Alexander the Great »

I was wondering if there were still going to be bug fixes for phpBB 2.0.x (other than major security fixes). If we go to the bug reporter for phpBB2 we can see that there are a lot of unreviewed bugs (I myself posted one), and its getting me concerned that these are never going to be fixed since the developers are so concentrated on getting phpBB3 ready for release.

So, will there be any bug fixes for 2.0.x anytime soon?

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

We will fix bugs in 2.0.x if:
a) They are security related
b) They are significant functional issues
c) The developers feel them important for other reasons
d) It impacts on code we are already changing for the reasons above.

As anyone watching CVS will tell you, there are commits to the 2.0.x line and have been for the whole period since the last release
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

Alexander the Great

So in other words I should count on the bug I reported getting fixed.

lurttinen
Translator

Post by lurttinen »

I reported one thing in Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:03 am and it's not even reviewed yet.
The problem itself is an easy to fix though...
Signature is here

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

You should count on nothing unless the developers feel it falls in one of the categories above ;)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

da_badtz_one

Post by da_badtz_one »

So far phpBB works fine, I haven't noticed any revealable bugs (eg while casually browsing the forum) and neither have any of my users. Although we could look at the code and look for bugs. If it's not broken why fix it? ;)

Alexander the Great

da_badtz_one wrote: So far phpBB works fine, I haven't noticed any revealable bugs (eg while casually browsing the forum) and neither have any of my users. Although we could look at the code and look for bugs. If it's not broken why fix it? ;)

A bug means it is broken. :roll:

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

Please do note that just because there's a "bug" in the bug tracker that doesn't really mean it actually is a bug. A lot of people miss the "don''t ask for support here" and post support questions in the bug tracker. ;)
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

Alexander the Great

pentapenguin wrote: Please do note that just because there's a "bug" in the bug tracker that doesn't really mean it actually is a bug. A lot of people miss the "don''t ask for support here" and post support questions in the bug tracker. ;)

I also have noticed that; the phpBB2.0.x bug tracker is clogged with non-bugs, but mine is a genuine bug.

Although, you can fix my problem just by resyncing in the ACP, but still, its very annoying.

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”