"Sorry, but this username has been disallowed."

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
2buckets

"Sorry, but this username has been disallowed."

Post by 2buckets » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:29 am

I just upgraded to 2.0.19, installed some new board styles and have no Mods at this time. Everything was great until I changed to Cobalt 2.0. Now I'm unable to change styles due to this message when I attempt it. "Sorry, but this username has been disallowed." I was able to change from SubSilver to Silver_Xire and Softblue to Cobalt 2.0 without any difficulty.
The strange part is that I still have full Admin controll. I do stay logged in all the time, have tried both Firefox and IE browsers also. ????

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:32 am

since you can get to the admin panel, go to the user management area, put your cursor in the disallowed usernames box. click the delete key and the back key a few times.

do the same for the ban box.

making sure there are no spaces in those boxes.

click submit and see what happens.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

2buckets

Post by 2buckets » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:01 pm

Tried that several time Robert but still no good. I'm considering removing Cobalt 2.0 but have concerns since, I'm using it in my profile, that I won't be able to get back in.

Bobble

Post by Bobble » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:05 pm

Again in the ACP go to your template selection and choose SubSilver and then overrride user styles that will force everybody on to subsilver and if you delete your new style there should be no problems.

2buckets

Post by 2buckets » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:13 pm

Again in the ACP go to your template selection and choose SubSilver and then overrride user styles that will force everybody on to subsilver and if you delete your new style there should be no problems.

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help folks.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”