Freeze Posts (Posts Validation)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
55%
Very Good
27%
Good
No votes
Fair
9%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 11

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Freeze Posts (Posts Validation)

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Freeze Posts (Posts Validation)
Author: axe70
MOD Description: This mod allow admin to give for each Forum the 'Freeze/Unfreeze' status in the ACP. If Freeze Status is Enabled in a Forum, all posts made by a normal user on that forum must be validate from a moderator before to become visible for all users. Admin can choose if frozen posts are hidden or listed on each forum list until moderators approval.

MOD Version: 1.0.2a (Updated 11/08/06)
Tested on phpBB Version: 2.0.21

Download File: Freeze_Posts_1.0.2.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 9145 Bytes

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
Allows you to specify a forum as "frozen", meaning that all posts made by normal registered users will need to be validated by a moderator before it can be made public.
lingling155

Post by lingling155 »

Cool! I want to give this a try.

I have a question though. Is there a way to only make it so that only the post needs to be validated, but not the replies?
axe70

Post by axe70 »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.2a
See first post for Download Link

The demo online do not include all features of 1.0.2a.
The mod is compatible with Easy Mod.

wed 8 Nov 06
Last edited by axe70 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
lingling155

Post by lingling155 »

That would be great! I'll wait until the next version. Thanks! :D
Last edited by lingling155 on Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scs

Post by scs »

Is there anyway to make it work with Easy Sub-Forums?
axe70

Post by axe70 »

Freeze Posts version 1.0.1b has been send to Mods DB.

This relase add on ACP the option for admin to choose if hide or show posts on forums lists (index and viewforum).
On forum index, now are listed as latest posts only accepted posts.
Tested ok with easymod.

##########################

wed 8 Nov 06

wed 8 Nov 06

Last edited by axe70 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jrojas

Moderated Forum

Post by jrojas »

Great!

I was looking for something like this. I'll give it a try.

Thanks,
polkadotcat

Post by polkadotcat »

[edit] The problem with disappearing notices has since been solved (see end of topic)
I am using "Freeze_Posts_1.0.0a" with the submerged (by redhair) template and it does the job I want it to do, which is prevent people from reading the posts within a certain forum, until they get validated then unfrozen... but the little "waiting for validation" notices don't show up on either the index or the forum with that template... the notices will show up in the forum however if I make one of the frozen posts a sticky... other than that minor problem I very very much like this mod.

[edit] The problem with disappearing notices has since been solved (see end of topic)
Last edited by polkadotcat on Sun May 07, 2006 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
axe70

Post by axe70 »

but the little "waiting for validation" notices don't show up on either the index or the forum with that template

If you found the same instructions for this template's .tpl files, as the MOD require, should work exactly like installed on subSilver.
Or am I totally getting this wrong and this (notice showing on stickied posts) is how this mod is supposed to behave?

If the Poster is not a moderator or an admin, the post will be inserted as Freeze, also on a stickied post.
Saeru

Post by Saeru »

Will this also work with the pseudo sub-forums Mod?

And may I suggest resorting the order the files are to be edited.. like all files from one dir being edited together, and template files being edited last on the list?

Makes the instal cleaner when your woeking on files that are all from one place together.. and sense template editing tends to have to be done to more then one template.. Some like it best to have them files to edit last on the list, to get everything else out of the way first.
"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]
polkadotcat

Post by polkadotcat »

Saeru wrote: And may I suggest resorting the order the files are to be edited.. like all files from one dir being edited together, and template files being edited last on the list?

Makes the instal cleaner when your woeking on files that are all from one place together.. and sense template editing tends to have to be done to more then one template.. Some like it best to have them files to edit last on the list, to get everything else out of the way first.
Hehe.. wholeheartedly agree!!
axe70 wrote: If you found the same instructions for this template's .tpl files, as the MOD require, should work exactly like installed on subSilver.
Nevermind it's most likely my version of phpbb (2.0.19... i just realised what version this is for).. I'll upgrade that'll probably fix things.

[edit] Well I upgraded and... I don't have to sticky the posts to get the notice to show up on the forums page. YAY!!.. but... the notice still isnt showing on the index... and as before had no issues with editing...

I'm probably wrong but isnt index_body.tpl where I would edit for the index notice? .. if it is, where's the code?

[edit] Current problem occuring is the forum notices disappear if either a sticky or an announcement is posted... and show again if the special topics are made normal... again I don't know if this is supposed to happen... would be great if it didn't.

[edit] I found your test board http://www.w3it.org/universe1/php/phpBBmods/index.php
from your site http://www.w3it.org/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53
I noticed a problem on your test board and posted the problems I was having there... I'll quote what I wrote there on here.
polkadotcat wrote: Subject: Testing your mod

To see if the same thing happens here as it does on my board..

[edit]
The problem happening on my board is if a sticky/announcement is posted by Admin.. the little 'waiting for validation' note disappears... and reappears if the post was made normal.

But here... it seems something else is wrong, this post is actually an edit.. I logged in as mod "guest" and just typed the first line... but I had accidently posted it as normal instead of as a sticky as I had intended (when I finish editing I will sticky it).. the problem that has occurred is that the post which was made before mine guest-23 April 2006 no longer shows the 'waiting for validation' and it should?? as it still hasn't been validated! Is this board 2.0.19 or 2.0.20?

This poses a couple of questions:
Could just posting as a mod prevent the notices? (your board)
Why would a sticky/announcement prevent the notices? (my board)
What will happen when I sticky this post? (your board)

[edit]
I stickied and no change... the notice is still gone. I'm going to delete this post to see what happens. I will then log out and repost it all as a normal unregistered/registered user.. so that it stays documented... and will let you know the result of removing it.

[edit]
Just as I thought... posting as moderator indeed stopped the notice from showing up ... after deleting the mod "guest" post the post I mentioned earlier is showing the notice again.
It would be great if the Mod and Admin posts (whether sticky/announcements or not) had no effect on the notices showing up.

Last edited by polkadotcat on Sun May 07, 2006 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
axe70

Post by axe70 »

wed 8 Nov 06

wed 8 Nov 06

Last edited by axe70 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
polkadotcat

Post by polkadotcat »

axe70 wrote: my english is not enought advanced to understand all what you want to say on yours posts immediatly.... (i'm improving!) so ok, sorry if something on my answers is not completely correct ( :oops: )
My apologies, I do tend to ramble when I post.. I will try to post clearly.. btw your english is very good :D
axe70 wrote: The TEST BOARD is 2.0.19, the version where i have write orginally the mod for a friend. I have finally understand what's the bug you meen. If you stickie a post, that become as validated.
But:
why i should sticky a post, if it is not been validated?
Most admin and Mods like to make announcement/sticky posts to point out rules for a particular forum, or they sticky really good posts made by it's users, but with this mod as it is, even stickying a regular users topic doesn't actually unfreeze it.. you just lose the notices (all notices)... and stickying a post isnt the only problem with this mod.. any regular mod/admin topic or post stops the notices... to have sticky/announce & admin/mod posts not affect notices for the frozen posts is a good thing.
axe70 wrote: And more ...
Anyway if you Post a REPLY on that Temporaly validated post (validated from a stickie action) you will see: the post RETURN on FREEZE state after the guest reply. Here's a test: http://www.w3it.org/universe1/php/phpBB ... c.php?t=13

I will try to found something for improve also the MOD, together with my english!
Not all admin/mods would want their sticky/announcements replied to. If these posts stay as unreplied the notices will never show for the forum.
axe70 wrote:

I'm going to realase the next version hope in really short time, and i will try to take care about all minor problems.
(anyway i was refering to other already relased and approved MOD, so i hope the MODS Team still will accept if i change instructions order!). Also i think, as you, that's the best way.
Thanks! ;)
I am definitely looking forward to seeing this mods next release. Even in its current state it is a very useful mod and I like it very much. :D Thankyou and Good luck

Last edited by polkadotcat on Sun May 07, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
axe70

Post by axe70 »

Most admin and Mods like to make announcement/sticky posts to point out rules for a particular forum, or they sticky really good posts made by it's users, but with this mod as it is, even stickying a regular users topic doesn't actually unfreeze it..

Just Unfreeze, than stikie the post, thats all. (as normally you before read, than approve, in case, also on a stikie post).
Not all admin/mods would want their sticky/announcements replied to. If these posts stay as unreplied the notices will never show for the forum.

If you post as mod or admin, the post isn't inserted on Freeze state.
You can close the post, or set proper permissions on that forum if don't like replies.
Sorry but i still don't understand your problem.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”