[RC] mx SiteMaps V 0.2.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
dcz

[RC] mx SiteMaps V 0.2.2

Post by dcz » Tue May 02, 2006 9:19 pm

Mod Title : mx Sitemaps
Author : dcz / http://www.phpBB-SEO.com
Mod Description : This mod creates sitemaps for phpBB and mxBB Portal (if used).
You will be able to add link in ACP, last active topics lists, mod Rewrite ...
Version : 0.2.2
Installation Level : Easy.
Installation Time : 2 min.
EZmod : n/a.
phpBB : 2.0.22
mxBB : 2.7.x & 2.8.x[/list]
MOD Download: http://www.phpbb-seo.com/downloads/mx_S ... V0-2-2.zip
Alternate MOD Download: mx Sitemaps V 0.2.2

Demo Board : Author's Notes : From the mx sitemaps release thread
  • Search Engine Optimized (SEO) And User-Friendly Sitemap Solution for phpBB and mxBB Portal.

It will create a Site Map Index, a paginated mxBB Portal Page's list (if installed), a Forum Map listing forums (Linked through their description) and One Paginated Map per forum (Linked in the Forum Map), listing Topics.

Sitemap Mod Integration (S2B ~ http://www.s2b-project.de)
    Allow to add as many links as you want on the Site Map Index Page directly from ACP.
    This functionality makes the use of the db_install.php necessary because the sitemap index tables will be created individually for all installed languages.
    If you want to add a new language to your board, you have to add the language manually by executing this query (be careful about which table prefix you are using) :

For phpBB :

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_sitemap_index ADD sm_title_<new language> VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
    For mxBB :

ALTER TABLE mx_sitemap_index ADD sm_title_<new language> VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
    Where "<new language>" has to be replaced with the name of the language (e.g. German, English).

Many powerful SEO feature such as the possibility to list last active topics on each type of Maps and Pagination Handling as well as User-friendly interface, allowing to output marked topics like in phpBB and new post since last visit.

Everything is ACP configurable, allowing fine tuning of the hole system and to exactly decide what to output on each type of pages : Last Active Topics, Viewonline and Log in.

All content is outputted following the phpBB AUTH settings, meaning everybody is going to see the links he should.

phpBB SEO mod rewrite 0.2.x are auto detected.
    Settings for other mod rewrite standards (Webmedic's rewrite mod, able2know rewrite mod, GoogleBB Links) can now be done easily, simply editing a file.

Current Features :
    • One Site Map Index :
      :arrow: Site Map Index is configurable, you can create categories and add local or external links in ACP.
      Last Active Topic can also be set up to be shown here.

Paginated mxBB Page listing :
      :arrow: mxBB Pages Paginated List.

Running mxBB gives you an extra option in ACP, the Standalone Mode.
      You can use this site map like any mxbb module or choose to run it outside of the portal. It's one or the other, going for Standalone will allow you to activate mod Rewrite for Sitemaps in ACP and will save some server ressources.

You will also be able to add the who is online stats on maps, the login box will auto show up the same way it does on the forum index.

To enable the Standalone Mode, you must 1) move the sitemaps.php file from modules/mx_sitemaps/
      to your portal's root and 2) Enable the option in ACP.

One Forum Map :
      :arrow: Listing all forums the current user has the right to view and read.
      The list provides links to each of the forum Maps as well as to each forum, using the forum description as the text link.

One Map per Forum :
      :arrow: Paginated Listing of each forum's topics. The pagination limit is configurable in ACP.
    Warning :
    • You will need the phpBB SEO mod rewrite 0.2.4 and above in case you are using on of the phpBB SEO mod rewrites.
mod Rewrites supported :
  • phpBB SEO 0.2.4 and above, other are easy to adapt
Languages :
Last edited by dcz on Sat May 05, 2007 3:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS

dcz

Post by dcz » Wed May 03, 2006 9:49 am

Forgot to mention, this mod will help a lot to get well indexed and ranked with all major search engine (google, yahoo and msn)

The principle is simple, using this you provide good quality links to your content and pages that changes almost on every visit (thanks to the last active topic listing in every pages). Those will have bots love them ;)

The index can really configured as you wish, adding content from acp (category, images, links ..).

The code is very much faster than the regular forum lising since it's only gathering the required info without all the users infos etc ...

And it will be usefull to your users too, since it will be faster to browse forum for new content ;)

In addition to the mx google siteamsp mod, this is a very powerfull tool to get indexed ;)

dcz

Post by dcz » Sat May 06, 2006 10:17 am

hehe, the mod is being deployed a bit with great success.

Here an example : http://www.pixelistes.com/portal/sitemaps.html

In the end it works like a charm :)

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Sun May 07, 2006 12:49 pm

Forgot to mention, this mod will help a lot to get well indexed and ranked with all major search engine (google, yahoo and msn)

That's Music to my ears!! ... I like that we can add categories from the ACP. thanks for another awesome MOD.. 8)

dcz

Post by dcz » Mon May 08, 2006 9:31 pm

you are welcome ;)

Happy you like it :D

dcz

Post by dcz » Mon May 22, 2006 10:06 pm

I have found a small mistake in ForumIndex.php, making it impossible to output the last active topic listing in the forum index map. Was tricked by the 2.20 update and by the fact I do not want to double process anything in my codes ;) (here was the auth)

Solution is simple:

Open :

includes/ForumIndex.php
FInd :

$display_categories = array();
After add :

$sql_auth = '';
Find :

$display_categories[$forum_data[$i]['cat_id']] = true;
After add :

$sql_auth .= ($sql_auth == '' ? '' : ', ' ) . $forum_data[$i]['forum_id'];
Find :

$Sitemaps->last_topics($Sitemaps->sitemaps_TopForum, $Indexopt, $auth_view_forum_sql);
Replace with :

$Sitemaps->last_topics($Sitemaps->sitemaps_TopForum, $Indexopt, $sql_auth);
And you are done. The last active topic list will now show up when you set it in ACP on the forum index map.

will update the release very soon ;)

Also, another matter came up with this code, custom adaptation are needed for now if you are using mxbb portal and did not install your portal at the root level, the patch is easy and will be implemented in v 0.0.2.

Tell me if you want to test it with the patch.

As well, I think I will add the ability to exclude forums in the last active topic listings.

These are the plan for 0.0.2 so far.

++

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Thu May 25, 2006 12:22 am

::edit::

Sorry wrong forum wrong subject! posted here

dcz

Post by dcz » Thu May 25, 2006 5:58 am

Peter77sx wrote: ::edit::

Sorry wrong forum wrong subject! posted here

hehe no problem ;)

dcz

Post by dcz » Thu May 25, 2006 8:47 pm

If you are interested as well by some powerfull mod rewrites :

The phpBB SEO mod Rewrite are now online

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Fri May 26, 2006 1:43 am

Hello, when I enable Mod rewrite in the ACP ( i'm using the phpbb one ) and I go into the forum map, the forum name ( fmp27.html ) leads to an 404. the Forum description that leads to my forum ( vf82.html ) works okay.

my rewrite rules for this MOD are

RewriteRule ^phpbb/sitemaps([0-9]+)\.html$ phpbb/sitemaps.php?c=$1 [QSA,L] 
RewriteRule ^phpbb/sitemaps\.html$ phpbb/sitemaps.php [QSA,L] 
RewriteRule ^phpbb/forum-map\.html$ phpbb/sitemaps.php?fim [QSA,L] 
RewriteRule ^phpbb/forum-map-([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)\.html$ phpbb/sitemaps.php?fmp=$1&start=$2 [QSA,L] 
RewriteRule ^phpbb/forum-map-([0-9]+)\.html$ phpbb/sitemaps.php?fmp=$1 [QSA,L] 
Am I missing something?

dcz

Post by dcz » Fri May 26, 2006 8:50 am

Those rules should be put in your root's .htaccess, together with the other rewriterules you are using for phpBB.

Then just make sure to replace phpbb/ (all of them in the posted code ;) ) with the actual folder name you are using, and it should work nicely.

As well, since you are using the phpBB SEO Advanced mod rewrite on your board, please do look up hereto make sure you run the last version (update is very easy), and then, uncomment the required lines in session.php for the mx sitemap pagination to work fully.

++

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Fri May 26, 2006 11:33 am

Oh, I was only using "phpbb" as an example. and yup, I do have the rewriterule in my root .htaccess and I've upgraded.

I can turn off the rewriterule, it's not really a huge deal... you've already helped me a lot this week with my site... besides, I have it showing the recent topics too... so that can be just as useful. :)

::edit::
Quick question: the forum map does not produce double content right? because there seems to be two diffrent URL's that lead to the forum topics.. one from the forum-map page with the forum name as a link ( sitemaps.php?fmp=87 ) and the forum description that leads to topics under another link ( example-vf29.html ).

dcz

Post by dcz » Fri May 26, 2006 1:45 pm

no problem ;)

Actually, they are not really duplicates because they only are links to topics not topics themselves.

And, that's the best part of this mod, you can make those forum map pages look very different from the forum's one by just adding the last active topic listing on them (since their output is a lot lighter (no user infos) and ready to be cached, it's no big deal to add more links) and you can also, which is the spirit of it, play with the number of topic to output in forum map pages.

Look in the sitemap ACP, you'll find the pagination limit setting just for the forum map pages, so that those can output, let's say 1.5 times more topic per page than the forum's one, so that they end up to be very different ;)

I also think you should try a bit further in implementing the mod rewrite for those, because in the end, it will be a lot more efficient ;)

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Sat May 27, 2006 2:16 am

dcz wrote: no problem ;)

Actually, they are not really duplicates because they only are links to topics not topics themselves.

Okay coo, I was just wondering... :)
dcz wrote: And, that's the best part of this mod, you can make those forum map pages look very different from the forum's one by just adding the last active topic listing on them (since their output is a lot lighter (no user infos) and ready to be cached, it's no big deal to add more links) and you can also, which is the spirit of it, play with the number of topic to output in forum map pages.

Yup, I think it's the best part to be able to add my own links and 'hide' unfriendly pages from search engine bots... ( registerd users only ect ).
dcz wrote: Look in the sitemap ACP, you'll find the pagination limit setting just for the forum map pages, so that those can output, let's say 1.5 times more topic per page than the forum's one, so that they end up to be very different ;)

I also think you should try a bit further in implementing the mod rewrite for those, because in the end, it will be a lot more efficient ;)

I even tried the add on here but it doesn't work very well. the links at the overall_footer take me back to the forum.. but that's okay. My site has changed dramaticly in the past two weeks thanks to Advanced SEO... and as you know, I'm still learning all this! lol so it's a little overwhelming but I'm learning. for now everything seems to be working like it should.. once I start getting the small bugs out of the way, then I can concentrate more on optimizing this MOD hopefully. :)

dcz

Post by dcz » Sat May 27, 2006 7:44 am

Peter77sx wrote: I even tried the add on here but it doesn't work very well. the links at the overall_footer take me back to the forum.. but that's okay. My site has changed dramaticly in the past two weeks thanks to Advanced SEO... and as you know, I'm still learning all this! lol so it's a little overwhelming but I'm learning. for now everything seems to be working like it should.. once I start getting the small bugs out of the way, then I can concentrate more on optimizing this MOD hopefully. :)

?? could you tell me more, or ask for some support in the dev thread ?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”