phpBB Group announces the release of phpBB 2.0.21, the "Bertie's Summer Vacation" edition. This release is a cumulative bug fix update, as well as including a number of minor security fixes. We have altered the visual confirmation system used on servers without zlib enabled to bring it up to the same level as that used elsewhere and made a few small performance improvements.
As with all new releases we urge you to update as soon as possible. You can of course find this download available on our downloads page. As per usual four packages are available to simplify your update.
- Full Package
Contains entire phpBB2 source and English language package
- Changed Files Only
Contains only those files changed from previous versions of phpBB. Please note this archive contains changed files for each previous release
- Patch Files
Contains patch compatible patches from the previous versions of phpBB.
- Code Changes
Contains step-by-step instructions in MOD format for updating heavily MODified installs
Please ensure you read the INSTALL and README documents in docs/ before proceeding with installation or updates!.
It is important that you carry out both parts of the update - updating the files and running the database update script - for updates to be complete.
What has changed in this release?
The changelog (contained within this release) is as follows:
- [Fix] Changes to random number generator code to explicitly truncate the length of the string
- [Fix] Quoting on boards with HTML enabled
- [Fix] Special characters on boards with HTML enabled
- [Fix] Redirect to list if cancelling deletion of ranks, smilies or word censors
- [Fix] Missing error message if an inactive user tried to login (Bug #1598)
- [Fix] Do not alter post counts when just removing a poll (Bug #1602)
- [Fix] Correct error in removal of old session keys
- [Fix] Changed filtering of short search terms
- [Sec] Improved filtering on language selection (also addresses a number of bug reports related to missing languages)
- [Change] Backported more efficient highlighting code from Olympus
- [Change] Backported zlib emulation code so that there is only a single confirmation image even if zlib is not available