[ABD] Approve Post MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member
Name: Mark Barnes

[ABD] Approve Post MOD

Post by MarkTheDaemon »

Approve Post MOD for phpBB 2.0.21

This MOD allows you to moderate posts on your forums before they become publically available. You can moderate ALL users in a given forum, and choose to moderate from either: All Topics, All Posts, Topic Edits, Post Edits. You alternately can choose to moderate only selected users & topics, and choose to moderate either: All Topics, All Posts, Topic Edits, Post Edits by those users, or within those topics. A list of people can be designated for notification of new posts/topics awaiting moderator approval. You may be notified via email or PM and may choose to include the post itself, and limit it's maximum length. An approval link would be included in the email/pm if you chose to view the contents of the post awaiting approval. You may also choose to notify the user via PM upon topic/post approval & addition/removal from user-moderation or topic-moderation. An add-on to this includes a seperate file that allows listing of all topics & posts awaiting approval, all users & topics under moderation, and adding of users for moderation, post/topic approval, and removal of users & topics under moderation.

History of this MOD

I have recieved permission from AceMan to continue development of this MOD. (Original Topic)

Screenshots

http://mods.markthedaemon.co.uk/screenies/APM1.JPG
http://mods.markthedaemon.co.uk/screenies/APM2.JPG
http://mods.markthedaemon.co.uk/screenies/APM3.JPG

Demo

http://www.markthedaemon.co.uk/test/

Admin Username: admin
Admin Password: admin

Normal User Username: test
Normal User Password: test

Reporting Bugs

A piece of software without bugs has 0 lines of code ;-). We all make mistakes and so it would be appreciated if you reported any and all bugs you find to our Bugtracker.

Download This MOD

Approve Post MOD 0.0.2 Released! Download Today!

Getting Help

Help posts can be posted in this topic, or at http://mtdmods.sourceforge.net/board/
If you prefer to use IRC you can use our channel #mtdmods located on the freenode (irc.freenode.net) network.

Tracking Development

YOu can track the latest codechanges by checking out a copy of this MODs SVN. To check out a copy you need to copy the URL below into your SVN client. For more information on SVN visit Sourceforges SVN area here

Code: Select all

https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mtdmods/ApproveMOD
Please note that this is a live copy, and some bits may not be working/not there at times when i am developing the code :)

I also recommend that you subscribe to the checkins mailing list (linky linky) in order to keep up with the latest versions of the code. Each time a new commit is added to the SVN server this mailing list will notify you via your chosen email :)

Comments/Suggestions/Feedback appreciated as always :)

Mark
Last edited by MarkTheDaemon on Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:32 am, edited 10 times in total.
Saeru

Post by Saeru »

Demo doesn't work.
"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]
MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member

Post by MarkTheDaemon »

Saeru wrote: Demo doesn't work.

Working OK for me now....

Mark
shakey_1

Post by shakey_1 »

Seems like it is going to be a useful mod, but I have a couple of questions. In the admin panel, there are areas for 'Add Moderated User' and 'Add Auto-Approved User'. Will there be a way to add groups, such as admins, so that all admins will automatically be approved? Also, I noticed that a moderated user gets a PM that their post has been approved. I use the 'Forum Benefits by Membership' mod that disallows PM usage for everyone but admins and mods. Will this affect the functionality of your mod? What I mean is do they have to click the link in the PM to activate the post?
MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member

Post by MarkTheDaemon »

shakey_1 wrote: Seems like it is going to be a useful mod, but I have a couple of questions.

shakey_1 wrote: In the admin panel, there are areas for 'Add Moderated User' and 'Add Auto-Approved User'. Will there be a way to add groups, such as admins, so that all admins will automatically be approved?

I will look into this, thanks for the suggestion :)
shakey_1 wrote: Also, I noticed that a moderated user gets a PM that their post has been approved. I use the 'Forum Benefits by Membership' mod that disallows PM usage for everyone but admins and mods. Will this affect the functionality of your mod? What I mean is do they have to click the link in the PM to activate the post?

You can choose the moderator to recieve the notification by email or PM. In your case, you would have to choose email.

Mark
MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member

Post by MarkTheDaemon »

Added the link to download (via SVN) in the first post :)

Mark
Ramon Fincken

Post by Ramon Fincken »

waaw I will def. take a look at this one mark !
Dutch quality fully managed WordPress hosting - ManagedWPHosting.nl

Before changing a file, some code or installing a MOD >> Make a backup first!

Do you like my mods? paypal me $1 :) forumsoftware[AT}creativepulses[DOT}nl [/size]
PhpBBantispam.com || Instant find your mod here
Saeru

Post by Saeru »

Few questions.

Can this be made to allow users to still see and edit their own posts while they are awaiting approval?
Ie. not have them hidden only to the user who started the topic/posted?

Also, when you disable hide topics.. there's no link to the topic and no text.. why not still allow the text to be shown, and accessable to the topic owner so they can edit it, but have it not be a link to other viewers? (or make it go to a "still awaiting approval" page?)
MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member

Post by MarkTheDaemon »

Saeru wrote: Few questions.

Can this be made to allow users to still see and edit their own posts while they are awaiting approval?

Currently no, but i will look at this for the next release
Saeru wrote: Also, when you disable hide topics.. there's no link to the topic and no text.. why not still allow the text to be shown, and accessable to the topic owner so they can edit it, but have it not be a link to other viewers? (or make it go to a "still awaiting approval" page?)

another good idea, and something that i will look at for the next release :)

Mark
AceMan

Post by AceMan »

Hey guys,

Aceman, (Original author of this mod), here~

Just wanted to pass on my thanks to MarkTheDaemon for re-opening this mod.

I'm going to post a link in the original topic to this one.

I'm going to grab the SVN and setup a test board to monitor, maybe offer assistance if I have some spare time.

Thanks again!! 8)

Side note: keep an eye out for this feature in phpBB3. It's called 'moderator queue'.
AceMan

Post by AceMan »

Saeru wrote: Few questions.

Also, when you disable hide topics.. there's no link to the topic and no text.. why not still allow the text to be shown, and accessable to the topic owner so they can edit it, but have it not be a link to other viewers? (or make it go to a "still awaiting approval" page?)

I love the idea of allowing the user who posted to see his/her own topic(s). that are awaiting approval. This would prevent re-posts, and avoid much confusion.
AceMan

Post by AceMan »

I've checked out the SVN, any way you can add a separate trunk w/ phpBB2 files w/ the mod installed as well?

Mark: I developer a slightly newer version of this mod to attept to address the issues preventing it from passing review.

Let me know and i'll get it to you.
MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member

Post by MarkTheDaemon »

AceMan wrote: I've checked out the SVN, any way you can add a separate trunk w/ phpBB2 files w/ the mod installed as well?

Yup definitely. I'll make sure to add that this evening sometime.

Mark
MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member

Post by MarkTheDaemon »

Added the mailing list link to the initial post, now you can always keep updated with the latest code :wink:

Mark
Saeru

Post by Saeru »

By the way.. if you hadn't noticed.. I'm the one that added the 2nd test forum to your demo board..

I wanted to see if this mod was global, or on a forum by forum bases :P

But so fare, I really like this mod. Still only thing I'd like is what I said above.
Plus allowing the topic starter to be the only one to see the topics they started (if it is set to hidden) and allow them to go in and edit their post.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”