FATAL ERROR OCCURED IN

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ken0069

FATAL ERROR OCCURED IN

Post by ken0069 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:26 pm

/home/httpd/vhosts/motorsportsvillage.com/httpdocs/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 222

Trying to open a "Sticky" forum thread and get this error message? Did a search on both here and Google and got nothing back on it?

Thanks,

Ken
Site Admins ain't nobodys hero!

www.motorsportsvillage.com

espicom

Post by espicom » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:52 pm

Well, exactly what "fatal error" did you get? Parse error, SQL error, permissions error, or ??? ?
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

Bobble

Post by Bobble » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:28 pm

Also is it just one particular thread or all stickies because I have jusy viewed a sticky (using firefox) with no problems at all on your board.

EDIT: This error:Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/httpd/vhosts/motorsportsvillage.com/httpdocs/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 222

When accessing here: http://www.motorsportsvillage.com/forum ... .php?t=433

T0ny
Name: Tony

Post by T0ny » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:49 pm

I've previously seen invalid characters in URL tags cause bbcode.php timeouts

ken0069

Post by ken0069 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:48 pm

So far it's only this one thread.

Check the post in the General section that says "Car of the Month" If you open page 2 or 3 it will display the posts there but if you try to open the original post it times out and what I posted in the first thread here comes up across the screen? That was a copy and paste and it's all it gave me.

I want to remove the "sticky" so that post will go down the page as we have a new car of the month up now.

I looked at the link you posted but I don't know where or how to get into php MyAdmin? I go the administrator panel and try to access this post and get the same results as posted above? Is there something I don't know about here?

Thanks,

Ken

T0ny

Post by T0ny » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:00 pm

ken0069 wrote: I looked at the link you posted but I don't know where or how to get into php MyAdmin?

phpMyAdmin is a tool that some hosting companies make available to their customers so they can directly manipulate their databases. It can usually be found in the web hosting control panel. (This assumes you are using some kind of shared hosting platform)

ken0069

Post by ken0069 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:01 am

T0ny wrote:
ken0069 wrote: I looked at the link you posted but I don't know where or how to get into php MyAdmin?

phpMyAdmin is a tool that some hosting companies make available to their customers so they can directly manipulate their databases. It can usually be found in the web hosting control panel. (This assumes you are using some kind of shared hosting platform)

Yeah I have that cuz I setup the database myself when I started this board but lord knows I wouldn't know what to look for if I got in it anyway. I have the tools but never really messed with them much.

So what am I looking for there?

Thanks,

Ken

ken0069

Post by ken0069 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:25 pm

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Ken

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:32 pm

there is something in those topics that is trying to run a script or something and it is causing your server to time out.

you will have to get into the database and find that post and get rid of whatever it is.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

ken0069

Post by ken0069 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:59 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: there is something in those topics that is trying to run a script or something and it is causing your server to time out.

you will have to get into the database and find that post and get rid of whatever it is.

robert

So I take it if I can't read or write PHP I'm screwed? I went into MyAdmin and opened up that thread but I've got no idea where or what to look for.

Does the "line 222" thingie in the error message mean anything as to where it is?

Can it be found in the backup I do each week?

Thanks,

Ken

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:24 am

the line 222 refers to the error code in that file, not to the error. the problem is that your server is timing out before whatever is on that page can finish loading.

there is either some type of script posted to that topic or a link to another site that is not loading or an image that is not loading or something like that.

you do not need to know any kind of php to look for this.

if you have a recent database backup file from before this happened, you could restore that backup. you would lose any posts, etc. since that backup was made, but at least the board would work.

or , you can use phpmyadmin, go to the posts_text table, browse it.

there is no real easy way to do this.

you can try the toolkit and run the security scan to see if it picks it up.

Admin Toolkit
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

ken0069

Post by ken0069 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:27 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: the line 222 refers to the error code in that file, not to the error. the problem is that your server is timing out before whatever is on that page can finish loading.

there is either some type of script posted to that topic or a link to another site that is not loading or an image that is not loading or something like that.

you do not need to know any kind of php to look for this.

if you have a recent database backup file from before this happened, you could restore that backup. you would lose any posts, etc. since that backup was made, but at least the board would work.

or , you can use phpmyadmin, go to the posts_text table, browse it.

there is no real easy way to do this.

you can try the toolkit and run the security scan to see if it picks it up.

Admin Toolkit

Thank you for your reply.

There are no anonymous posters on my site. I have personal info and a phone number for every member so someone posting a "script" isn't likely the cause of this problem. There are however many links posted to photograps hosted on Photobucket as we do not allow pictures to be hosted on our server for obvious reasons. It's likely a pic link that is doing this. I guess I could just navigate to that thread and delete all the [img] and [/img] links and everything in between.

The backups I have still have the error in them. I've been having problems with my site being hammered with spam (DoS attack) for the past two weeks and as a result the server admin has had me pull and replace the site and software a half a dozen times trying to isolate the problem. He finally figured out the other day that it was my URL that was being hit and not a software problem as he had thought.

This board had been running so good I hadn't done a backup since back in May. My bad! So all the backups I've done recently have this error. The post in question has a problem on the first page of 3. If you open the second or third page it does fine but the first page times out. I'm thinking that something got corrupted while all the software jockying was going on. If I could just remove the "Sticky" and let it move down the page, that would be OK with me but I have to open that first post to remove the "Sticky".

Any additional thoughts from this info?

Thanks,

Ken

ken0069

Post by ken0069 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:28 pm

OK fellas. Now I have a second post that is doing this same thing! Gives the exact same error message as the first one did. I sent an Email to my host admin asking for help and he sent me this message.

"It is trying to run a preg_replace command and it is taking too long."

He also says that "What I think is that there is some formatting or code that is causing this loop to run continuously. This would be a bug fix for the bbcode people."

Now, I've spent about 3 hours looking thru MyAdmin under posts_text table and I haven't gotten anywhere. Can someone give me some help on how to find these files? The name of that thread was "Car Of The Month" so is there a way to search for that title and then look? All the stuff I've seen in there so far isn't anywhere close.

T0ny

Post by T0ny » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:36 pm

download admin_bbcode_timeout.php and upload it into your phpbb admin directory (requires PHP v4.1.0 or above).

This will give you a new Admin Control Panel menu item bbcode timeout scan. Click on this and enter the ID number of the problem topic (433 for the car of the month one). The script will then scan each post in the topic, trying to find the one causing the timeout. If it finds a timeout, it will show you the text of the offending post (which you could post here, remembering to tick Disable BBCode in this post :) ) and give you the chance to enter some replacement text, which should fix the problem.

Let me know if you have any problems..

ken0069

Post by ken0069 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:03 pm

See the next post
Last edited by ken0069 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”