[Administrator] [Moderator] -- how do I add more of these?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Nattawat

[Administrator] [Moderator] -- how do I add more of these?

Post by Nattawat » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:08 am

At the bottom of the forum, where it shows who is online, it also showed that I only have 2 types of special users: Administrator and Moderator (by default)

I want to add more of these, like V.I.P., etc. (with different color and possibly with access to special forums)

I wondered how do I add more of these. I tried adding new group and it didn't show there.

Thanks in advance,
Nattawat

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:12 am

Nattawat

Post by Nattawat » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:00 am

Thanks, but isn't that mod's function is to change the color of the group? This mod would be great after knowing how to create more groups :P

Right now Im trying to create new group on "Group Admin" -- but when creating new group, I couldn't find a way to add members into that group (open group), and there is no new group name down at the bottom :(

My problem right now is probably finding a way to add more groups down at the bottom :P

Thanks.

Nattawat

Post by Nattawat » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:06 pm

Most forums have more than just Admininstrator and Moderator. I am quite sure it is not some advanced feature, but it I just couldnt figure it out :x

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:21 pm

You add members to a group through the Usergroups link on your main menu. Those [Administrator] [Moderator] is not displaying Groups in regular phpBB, it is displaying "User level", which has only those two settings besides "User"

Nattawat

Post by Nattawat » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:49 pm

Brf wrote: You add members to a group through the Usergroups link on your main menu. Those [Administrator] [Moderator] is not displaying Groups in regular phpBB, it is displaying "User level", which has only those two settings besides "User"

Sorry, but I feel stupid asking this: How do I add more "User level"?

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:17 pm

Nattawat wrote: Sorry, but I feel stupid asking this: How do I add more "User level"?

User levels are hard coded (more were never meant to be added). There are MOD that will add certain user levels, but they are long and pointless (since you can't configure what permissions user levels have).

The MOD Karl linked to above will allow you to give colors to usergroups, thus accomplishing exactly what you want.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

Nattawat

Post by Nattawat » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:30 pm

I've noticed that the forum with more than just "[Administrator] [Moderator]" have their extra tags from usergroups.

For example, if they have "VIP" group as appeared in usergroups, they also have [ VIP ] at the bottom.

Is there any mod that link usergroup with the tag below, or something similar?

Nattawat

Post by Nattawat » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:37 am

BUMP

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:48 am

Marshalrusty wrote: The MOD Karl linked to above will allow you to give colors to usergroups, thus accomplishing exactly what you want.

Nattawat

Post by Nattawat » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:07 pm

Yeah, I just did that and get what I wanted. Sorry for bothering and thanks a lot! :D

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”