Update: version 0.0.1 - Feb 2 2007
Acivated Email Activation plus Visual Confirmation doesn't prevent the forum against Spamusers and others from registering 100%. There are a lot of projects which are trying to make a better Visual Confirmation or other technologies to get them running with email activation.
IMO a much more secure solution without the permenant fight between Spambots (hackers) and security technologies is to work with Admin Activation. But only Admin Confirmation plus Visual Confirmation allows not exsitent email addresses.
Description of this Pack:
This MOD Pack offers following features:
1. Combines the pros ot Email and Admin Activation.
2. Users always have to give the site admin a guilty email address.
3. The site admin can verify every new or recreated account very comfortable by clicking on a link from a notification email after login into the ACP one times per session.
4. Displays only activated Users in memberlist and "Who is Online?"
5. So Spam-Users and others have to do a lot of manual work to get into the memberlist.
6. Comfortable Prunning of Zero-Posters, Inactive Users, Lazy Users, ... with optional notification
7. Fixes a bug with "I forgot my password"
8. Optional: verify users from memberlist
MODs included in this MOD Pack:
- Double Acitvation - New registered users first have to take Email Activation. So we can sure about the existent email address. Second step is Admin Activation to verify the user.
- Administrator Friendly User Verify MOD - If (Admin or) Double Activation is enabled this MOD sends a activation email to the administrators including a link to a ACP page which shows the necessary information about the new registered user to verify, delete, disallow or ban the user or some of his given details. The MOD reduces the steps for user verifying to a minimum on single point of administration.
- Hide inactive member - Don't show not activated users in memberlist
- Fix Send Password MOD - Fixes a bug with "I forgot my password".
- Prune Inactive Users - Deletes inactive users, zero-posters, lazy posters, ... - but no autoprunning by now.
- Only Activated Users In Who Is Online MOD - doesn't count inactivated users in "Who is online?" - not published by now, but in validation process.
I'm still in validation process with my unvalidated MODs.
I hope that the Prune Active Users MOD will offer a autoprunning feature in future and this MOD will be validated at the MOD DB.
Then I will try to get this MOD Pack validated.
If you have some ideas for this Pack, please let me know!
http://www.martin-truckenbrodt.com/down ... _0.0.1.zip
Additional language support:
German - ACP additions not fully translated by now