[BETA] Advanced Admin Activation Pack

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Martin Truckenbrodt
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt

[BETA] Advanced Admin Activation Pack

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:09 pm

Hello,

Update: version 0.0.1 - Feb 2 2007

Idea:
Acivated Email Activation plus Visual Confirmation doesn't prevent the forum against Spamusers and others from registering 100%. There are a lot of projects which are trying to make a better Visual Confirmation or other technologies to get them running with email activation.
IMO a much more secure solution without the permenant fight between Spambots (hackers) and security technologies is to work with Admin Activation. But only Admin Confirmation plus Visual Confirmation allows not exsitent email addresses.

Description of this Pack:
This MOD Pack offers following features:
1. Combines the pros ot Email and Admin Activation.
2. Users always have to give the site admin a guilty email address.
3. The site admin can verify every new or recreated account very comfortable by clicking on a link from a notification email after login into the ACP one times per session.
4. Displays only activated Users in memberlist and "Who is Online?"
5. So Spam-Users and others have to do a lot of manual work to get into the memberlist. :)
6. Comfortable Prunning of Zero-Posters, Inactive Users, Lazy Users, ... with optional notification
7. Fixes a bug with "I forgot my password"
8. Optional: verify users from memberlist

MODs included in this MOD Pack:
  • Double Acitvation - New registered users first have to take Email Activation. So we can sure about the existent email address. Second step is Admin Activation to verify the user.
  • Administrator Friendly User Verify MOD - If (Admin or) Double Activation is enabled this MOD sends a activation email to the administrators including a link to a ACP page which shows the necessary information about the new registered user to verify, delete, disallow or ban the user or some of his given details. The MOD reduces the steps for user verifying to a minimum on single point of administration.
  • Prune Inactive Users - Deletes inactive users, zero-posters, lazy posters, ... - but no autoprunning by now.
  • Only Activated Users In Who Is Online MOD - doesn't count inactivated users in "Who is online?" - not published by now, but in validation process.
To-Do-List::
I'm still in validation process with my unvalidated MODs.
I hope that the Prune Active Users MOD will offer a autoprunning feature in future and this MOD will be validated at the MOD DB.
Then I will try to get this MOD Pack validated.

Community:
If you have some ideas for this Pack, please let me know!

Download:
http://www.martin-truckenbrodt.com/down ... _0.0.1.zip

Additional language support:
German - ACP additions not fully translated by now

Bye Martin
Last edited by Martin Truckenbrodt on Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!

nvic

Post by nvic » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:45 pm

Like the idea! :)

Just a suggestion, Someone just recently posted, after this, a mod for an HTML Encoded Captcha here. It is in RC1 so it seems it is almost done.

This seems worthy of inclusion as it does seem hard to defeat compared to the phpBB included captcha, just because of the encoding and the fact it is not an image. I ran the default captcha (saved a pic) included with PhpBB through an OCR app and it got the letters right first try :(

Ramon Fincken

Post by Ramon Fincken » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:15 am

Dutch quality fully managed WordPress hosting - ManagedWPHosting.nl

Before changing a file, some code or installing a MOD >> Make a backup first!

Do you like my mods? paypal me $1 :) forumsoftware[AT}creativepulses[DOT}nl [/size]
PhpBBantispam.com || Instant find your mod here

Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:59 pm

Hello,
I've released a first beta 0.0.1 which contains a minimum of needed features. Details see first post.

I've removed the Salty Passwords MOD from the pack.

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs

mhmdkhamis

Post by mhmdkhamis » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:02 pm

any screen shot

Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:39 pm

mhmdkhamis wrote: any screen shot

Hello,
there is not a lot to show with screenshots. But perhaps I will make some screenshots next days and post them here.

Bye Martin
My MODs

graaam

Re: [BETA] Advanced Admin Activation Pack

Post by graaam » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:58 am

thank you .. :D

[if you wish to have a link to your website, you may have one in your signature, but not in your posts (in most cases), per the board rules - A_Jelly_Doughnut]

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”