errors in phpBB3

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Billy2423
Name: Bill Withers

errors in phpBB3

Post by Billy2423 »

I just installed this and checking everything out and am getting the below errors:

Options > Edit signature when clicked I get:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting ']' in /home/user/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions_posting.php on line 1347

Options > Private messages same error as above

In my domain control panel I see the below
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting ']' in /home/user/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions_posting.php on line 1347
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/user/public_html/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_styles.php on line 2323

Thanks for the help.

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

first off try to re upload all the files, its possible that some might have been damage or in correctly uploaded, if that doesn't solve it, I would try another FTP client, and if that still doesn't work, what php and DB are you using, as well as other server details

Billy2423

Post by Billy2423 »

Uploaded all new files and still the same. Can not post new topic, reply or even edit and I get the error.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting ']' in /home/user/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions_posting.php on line 1347

PHP/4.4.5
mysql/4.1.21

Not sure what other server info you would want!

Test board: http://www.billy2423.com/phpBB3/index.php

I also cleared the cache files and cookie before loging back in after the file upload.

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

you didn't mention that you modded the board, as the registration process has been modified , I would suspect that is your problem,

And as its been CLEARLY been pointed out many times, there is no support for modded boards at this time

Billy2423

Post by Billy2423 »

this is a fresh install, no mods have been added. Will logout and try to register and see what your talking about.

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

billy2423.com - Registration

To continue with the registration procedure please tell us when you were born.

Before 02 Mar 1994 :: On or after 02 Mar 1994

that is what I get when I click on register, your telling me that the board hasn't been modded?

Billy2423

Post by Billy2423 »

the board has not be modded at all. That might be a coppa thing I guess. I just registered another account and it went fine. I just clicked on Before 02 Mar 1994 as I am older then 13 :wink:

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

damn sorry for that, I thought it was a mod, my mistake,

as for your problem, maybe you should try another FTP client, as some don't always upload files correctly in the right format, try smartFTP http://www.smartftp.com/ and see after reuploading everything again see if that solves your proble,

sorry for the confusing again, I didn't realise that was the COPPA option, extremely sorry

Billy2423

Post by Billy2423 »

Yep that was a coppa setting and I have disabled that for now.
I use wsftp pro registered version as my ftp client and never had a problem uploading any files. Will try another ftp client and let you know. Or maybe a compete new install..

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

another thing, are you using the CVS version or the B5 version?

Billy2423

Post by Billy2423 »

B5 version

Billy2423

Post by Billy2423 »

Took out B5 and did a fresh install of B4 and not getting those errors so far.

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 »

Now try beta 5. Beta 4 is no longer supported.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Billy2423

Post by Billy2423 »

ok, now i upgraded from b4 to b5 using phpBB-3.0.B4_to_3.0.B5 files and have a conflict with the below when i check files:

includes/acp/
acp_styles.php
Number of conflicts: 1

includes/
functions_posting.php
Number of conflicts: 2

language/en/
common.php
Number of conflicts: 3

If i upload brand new files for those from B5 zip then I get the above error again when trying to post.

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

the only thing I can really think of, is that this problem could be caused by a mis configured server, then again, what are you using to extract the files? have you checked if the files are ok once downloaded? and have you used smartFTP yet? as Im rapidly running out of ideas on what else could be the issue, or why you would get errors when the board has been installed ok, so a mis configured server would be my guess, but still could be wrong

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”