admin workflow for placing a new user in multiple groups

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
asinshesq
Name: Alan

admin workflow for placing a new user in multiple groups

Post by asinshesq »

In phpbb2, I use a mod I wrote called easy assign users to groups that sticks a list of all available groups (with checkboxes for each) into the version of a user's profile that you call from the manage users link in the ACP. That way, the admin can easily assign any new user to the groups the admin wants him to be in from a single screen.

Am I correct that phpbb3 does not have a simple way to assign a user to whichever groups he should be in from a single screen? Is there a simple workaround for this or will I need to write a similar mod for phpbb3 when the time comes if I want that feature?

(I know you can pull up the 'groups' form in phpbb3's user management screen but that only allows you to add a person to groups one group at a time rather than giving you a simple set of checkboxes to check off.)
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Re: admin workflow for placing a new user in multiple groups

Post by Highway of Life »

asinshesq wrote: Am I correct that phpbb3 does not have a simple way to assign a user to whichever groups he should be in from a single screen?
You are correct.
The User Administration > Groups.
Is the easiest and fastest place to add users quickly, and It’s pretty fast, so unless you have >5 groups or so that you want to add many users to at one time, that should work for a while.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”