[ABD]Multiple Forums for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
MikeShinoda

[ABD]Multiple Forums for phpBB3

Post by MikeShinoda »

MOD Title: Multiple Forums for phpBB3
MOD Description: This Mod give you the possibility to have slave board using a unique table for the users.
MOD Version: 1.0.6
MOD Download: Download

Report me all the errors please :mrgreen:
Last edited by MikeShinoda on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:33 am, edited 26 times in total.
Noi:due corpi,due cuori,una sola anima,un unico grande sentimento ke può essere espresso da 2 sole grandi parole:Ti amo!

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: [Beta]Multiple Forums

Post by KevC »

You might have to explain a bit more about what it does before people just drop some code into one of their files.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

MikeShinoda

Post by MikeShinoda »

Ok! Sorry
Noi:due corpi,due cuori,una sola anima,un unico grande sentimento ke può essere espresso da 2 sole grandi parole:Ti amo!

mitthoo

Post by mitthoo »

can we have a bit more clarification as if what exactly is it all about. and how to go abt it.

if its something to do with multiple forums then its great. but explanation !! 8-)

MikeShinoda

Post by MikeShinoda »

mitthoo wrote:can we have a bit more clarification as if what exactly is it all about. and how to go abt it.

if its something to do with multiple forums then its great. but explanation !! 8-)
This is a MOD to run multiple PHPBB Boards with a single database user...

I also write in the standard mode the MOD Description :mrgreen:

Now i'm searching to resolve the problem for the avatars..

MikeShinoda

Re: [DEV]Multiple Forums for phpBB3

Post by MikeShinoda »

Anyone has an idea to fix the problem with the avatars? :roll:

nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen »

You have to get the upload of the avatar to all servers... that'll not be easy
No Support via PM

MikeShinoda

Post by MikeShinoda »

No i want to use one server but several phpbb boards...So i think that i need to customize some avatar variables...

JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

Is there a demo of this mod in action?

MikeShinoda

Post by MikeShinoda »

Lawofthesnake

Post by Lawofthesnake »

Wouldnt just using a differnet prefix for the table work better?

Anthony:-P

Post by Anthony:-P »

Lawofthesnake wrote:Wouldnt just using a differnet prefix for the table work better?
He is sharing the user details which allows users to register at one but login to them all, yet still have two completely separate forums with separate posts and settings etc.

MikeShinoda

Post by MikeShinoda »

Anthony:-P wrote:
Lawofthesnake wrote:Wouldnt just using a differnet prefix for the table work better?
He is sharing the user details which allows users to register at one but login to them all, yet still have two completely separate forums with separate posts and settings etc.
Exactly! But now the problem is that i need the avatar's user in only one directory!

Gideon5L2F

Shared Forum – different logo?

Post by Gideon5L2F »

This is not exactly the same but I would prefer to see a ‘shared Forum – different logo’ system.

I have a friend on the other side of the world who has his own website but no forum and would like to have one. He doesn't want to create his own board but would like to share my forum by putting a link from his website to my forum's URL.

However, he wants his web visitors to see his logo (and background color) when they go to the forum. He also wants a link back to his own home page instead of mine.

No, he doesn't want administrative powers, banning control etc. Doesn’t even want to be a mod – happy for me to run it on his behalf – he just wants it personalised to his website for those members who join it from his website.

Explanation over here

There would be a lot of webmasters who would like to do this. Especially small websites who do not want the work involved running a discussion board. Any chance of this mod doing what Ive been asking for?

fiorefrank

Post by fiorefrank »

sei italiano? <-- are you italian?
however i think i have understood what you want to do and i'm donig it too in a my site but in a different way

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”