sorry about all the delays that I have caused to the project, but without a linux box it was almost impossible to work with CVS.
So i can now say that i have finally registered a ssh key on savannah that will allow me after the next refresh of the ssk keys database to upload the current version of m2f.
The code is in alpha stage an some work has to be done to clear some bugs that i was not able to do myself because of lack of time and
lack of knowledge.
There are some main task that need to be done in order to have a final code.
- Check MEssage ID generation for F2M (forum to mail messages) and their replies, i think that i got a little bit lost there. I am supposing that if i generate my own MEssage IDs the SMTP Server will not clear it.
- Test the distinct working modes:
- sendmail forwarder
- Mailing list archives
- Work on the administration interface, i don't know why, but the admin interface is not working on my linux box, which is a problem because all the final testing must be done in linux because of the facilitiies.
- Review some links in some of the pages (subscribe function, etc)..
- Review the code for performance improvements, I think that in some cases, i have put some redundant code, that needs to be clean out.
- Put some more comentaries in the code.
Afterwards, is just a question of including some of the functionalities that i didn't had time to implement like that attach mode, but which seems easy to do (last comments on the over thread).
We need to create two teams:
-one with coding skills,
-one for testing.
- One for design and graphics
Each of the teams would need a leader that would take charge of all the tasks related with it, and the overall project leadership.
Since I am the only one until know that have developped the code, I will be the Overall project Leader. Since PDA0 seems to be very active and dynamic, i think that he should take the development project leadership, I will work closely with him.
For the testing part, the most active guys aroung were KenisWell and Tobiaseign, so i think that both or one of them should take this part, since they know very well the functionalities and development paths that we were talking about in the other thread.
For the design and graphics, i have made all of them and i think that some pages should be totally reorganized. Some of the icons are not bad, probably some retouch. I don't have anyone in mind for this group, so will wait for volunteers.
Finally, I think that the home source repository should be Savannah because of all the license issues with Sourceforge. I want the project to be under the GNU/GPL licences, because i think a forum sistem like phpbb2 with mailing lists and news integration can be an important information mangement system. If not take a look at all the later developments of portals and of others communities systems. They are all coming aroung the forum system.
regards, and see you in about six hours.