Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

Lairnaedon

Post by Lairnaedon »

I did, ... I installed it like I should... I'm not a complete moron. I just don't see why something's wrong with it.
TehMagilla

Post by TehMagilla »

morpheus2matrix wrote:
TehMagilla wrote:At the risk of redundancy, can anyone help me please?

The settings in Administration Panel -> Extensions -> Special Catagories won't stick. The search finds imagemagick, it tests ok, so I set up all the settings in the page an click "Submit". But the images aren't being thumbnailed. And when I go back to Administration Panel -> Extensions -> Special Catagories, the fields are blank / back to defaults. There is no error on pressing "Submit". It says that the changes were made successfully.

Please can someone help?

Which version of the MOD are you using ? Have you tried the last one (2.3.11) ?

Yes, I am using 2.3.11.
'====
//`
-Magilla
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

Amirsan wrote: hey, I have a question.

If I put this mod on my phpbb forum, 2.0.x, will I be able to upgrade to 3.0 with it?

Also is there a hack that I can convert a ipb 2.0 board with files into a phpbb board using this hack and still have my files?

Upgrade will be simple for no modded board.

For others, it will be.... a little much complex :)
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
pogester

Post by pogester »

Hi

I have installed this mode following the install instructions and it all seems to have uploaded fine, however when I click on New Message I get an error saying:

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

As far as I can tell this is something to do with posting.php as when I replace that with my backup it works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

** Have now figured, simple mistake of uploading the template files into subSilver and not my subBlack folder. Works fine. Great MOD. Thanks **
Darren
Wounded Paw

Subdirectories of 'files' directory ??

Post by Wounded Paw »

I would like my uploaded files to go into different subdirectories of the 'files' directory based on the topic name. Is this possible? I know it will take some modifications, any ideas?
realsweden

MOD

Post by realsweden »

I'm sorry for not looking for my answer in the previous 386 pages, but I was just wondering what files need to be changed in order to make this MOD work with another language, like Portuguese?

Do I just translate these to Portuguese?

lang_admin_attach.php
lang_faq_attach.php
lang_main_attach.php

Or are there any other files involved?

Thanks!

Marco
commandojnr

Re: MOD

Post by commandojnr »

realsweden wrote: I'm sorry for not looking for my answer in the previous 386 pages, but I was just wondering what files need to be changed in order to make this MOD work with another language, like Portuguese?

Do I just translate these to Portuguese?

lang_admin_attach.php
lang_faq_attach.php
lang_main_attach.php

Or are there any other files involved?

Thanks!

Marco

That should do the job.
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Re: Subdirectories of 'files' directory ??

Wounded Paw wrote: I would like my uploaded files to go into different subdirectories of the 'files' directory based on the topic name. Is this possible? I know it will take some modifications, any ideas?

Hum.. yes, I think it should be possible but a little hard to do for only one person :wink:

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
Wounded Paw

Post by Wounded Paw »

Even if I manually create the directories on the server and make sure they match the topic name?
DKDiveDude

Post by DKDiveDude »

I have just tried to install the Attachment Modification v.2.3.11, and failed.

First a comment - I think it would be less confusing if the main folder of the zip file was NOT the same name as one of the folder required in your forum root. You see I unpacked the zip file into my forum root folder, where I then thought I would work with it, a logical place for me. In other words he zip file root folder is "attach_mod" where all the MOD files where, but it contains a subfolder called "attach_mod", which is required to be moved to the root, where I already had that folder, making it a bit hard to see what was moved and what goes where. Just take a look at the Step Number 1 "Uploading new files", it looks very unnecessary confusing, in my humble opinion.

Anyways I think I moved everything to the right location, uploaded the installation folder, scema files in ascii, and then tried to run the installation file:

http://www.mywebsite.com/forum/install/ ... e_inst.php

But all it does it redirect to

http://www.mywebsite.com/forum/install/ ... nstall.php

where I get 404 Page not found error

Another comment. In the zip file is included a folder called contrib, and in there another folder called app_icons containing several gif files. I cannot find any mention of the folder or files anywhere in the installation guide.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated, thanks.
DKDiveDude

Post by DKDiveDude »

I guess I forgot to mention a few important things.

1) I installed a brand new version of phpBB yesterday, installed it and everything worked great.

2) Before I ran the installation php file for the attachment MOD, I uploaded the new files.

3) However because there where so many new files in different locations, I simply uploaded everything again. So now the forum I had working yesterday says "404 File not found".

I realize it is probably because I overwritten the config.php with a zero byte file.

How can I now restore the forum I had setup?
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Wounded Paw wrote: Even if I manually create the directories on the server and make sure they match the topic name?

yes, it's not so simple :wink:

DKDiveDude

Post by DKDiveDude »

I was able to recreate my config.php with the php code provided here: http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=48

And I found a document explaining the app_icons.

My forum is back up and working, and I have added sections in the Admin area, which all are messed up!?!

Meaning half empty, example in html manual says that the "Attachments Control Panel" should look like this:

Statistic Value
Number of Attachments: 21
Total Filesize: 1.89 MB
Attachment Quota: 50 MB
Number of Posts with Attachments: 13
Total Number of Attachments in Private Messages: 2
Number of Topics with Attachments: 11
Independent Users Posted Attachments: 3

However I have no text at all on the left side, and all drop down boxes on other Attachment Admin form are empty.

What now?
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Check www.opentools.de: there is a sticky about this issue :)

Snake357

Post by Snake357 »

after installing this mode somthing is worng!

1. first of all i can't download, i can upload but then appears the table but the discket icon dosent appear so i can't download.

2. Image
what is this??

thanks for the help :!:

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”