Advanced Double Activation Pack

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Advanced Double Activation Pack
Author: Martin Truckenbrodt
Modification description: More features for account registration, user management and auto user pruning
Features:
  • Double Activation:
    A new option for ACCOUNT ACTIVATION (User+Admin) to the board. Newly registered users first have to confirm their email address and then administrators have to activate the account.
  • ACP User Verify page:
    A new ACP page is added for one click verifying of newly registered users. On this page you see the all necessary profile details and you can activate or delete the user and do all disallow and banning options if you want.
  • Force E-mail address change:
    The MOD allows founders to force e-mail address change for users - e.g. if they got SMTP delivery notifications on notification e-mails. Board mass e-mails and private maessages are not send to users which have to change their e-mail address.
  • Mass force E-mail address change:
    Although a new ACP page is added for mass force e-mail address change - e.g. after sending mass board e-mails.
  • Extended Admin Activation e-mail:
    A feature is added for admin activation notification e-mails (admin_activate.txt) to add the profile details and custom profile fields.
  • Auto user pruning:
    Auto user pruning for deactivated user, inactive users, lost users and lazy users. Easy to use! Usefull time periods preconfigured. Users and groups can be excluded from auto user pruning. Founders and deceased users are always excluded.
  • Deceased users support:
    Inactive user with reason INACTIVE_DECEASED
Modification version: 1.4.12
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.11

Download file: AdvancedDoubleActivationPack_1.4.12.zip
File size: 263.62 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 36 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
Martin Truckenbrodt
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt »

Hello,
yeah, my first validated phpBB3 MOD! :D 8-)

Some additional notes:
  • board email have to be activated
  • After the verifying of the email address the new users are getting only one time a message in the browser that the account now needs to be activated by an administrator. If they are clicking the activation link again they are getting a message about a activation key mismatch. So spam bot machines are not getting informed what's the matter with the account activation on this board. But the administrator or the site admin sometimes are getting emails from new users asking the account is not running by now. So you are getting a good feedback too for activating this account. Then it seems to be not a spam account. <= This has been changed in 1.4.0. Now the "true story" is displayed.
  • If you have tons of good registrations every day on your board it could be possible that the use of this MOD is not a good idea. I'm administering two boards till about 2000 registered users. I'm getting only a few registrations every day and so I'm spending only some minutes every day to verify these new accounts cause my email ban list is well filled. <= Since some time I'm using the Advanced Block MOD. So I don't need ban lists anymore. If you are interested in more information about ths MOD please look here: http://www.martin-truckenbrodt.com/cgi/ ... f=48&t=224 .
Known issue in 1.0.9 with phpBB 3.0.2 and later:
Please fix it with following instructions: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p6706525

Languages included: English, German - Known issue in 1.0.9 with German: please download fix here: http://www.martin-truckenbrodt.com/down ... ack_de.zip
Arabic and Dutch (since 1.4.1)

Styles included: prosilver, subsilver2

New versions 1.4.x - download:
http://www.martin-truckenbrodt.com/cgi/ ... m.php?f=22

New 1.4.x features:
Force email address change - for users using faked or oudated email address - (it was coming with 1.2.x)
Auto user pruning
Deceased users support

Bye Martin
Last edited by Martin Truckenbrodt on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!
ToXiQ

Re: Advanced Double Activation Pack

Post by ToXiQ »

Congratulations Martin with this great mod.

regards Walter
bashulaojia

Post by bashulaojia »

Hi Martin,

After a lot of hickups, I finally got your great mod working like a charm. Just wanted to let you know of a possible mistake that I stumbled across during installation of the German language addon:

I guess that

Open: language/de/acp/board.php
Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

Code: Select all

ACC_USER'					=> 'durch Benutzer',
Replace With
Tip: Replace the preceding line(s) to find with the following lines.

'ACC_USER_ADMIN'			=> 'Benutzer + Administrator',
is wrong and should follow the English template example of:

//	'ACC_USER_ADMIN'			=> 'User + Admin',
replaced with

'ACC_USER_ADMIN'			=> 'User + Admin',
leaving the

ACC_USER'					=> 'durch Benutzer',
part of the language/de/acp/board.php untouched?

When making the changes according to your German template, the result will be this

It'd be great if you could take a look at this.

Thanks heaps for your help and efforts!
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello bashulaojia,
thank you very much for the advice! I will fix it in the next release.

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
bashulaojia

Post by bashulaojia »

Hi again Martin,

Picking up ToXiQ's idea from the development thread, I was wondering, if there is a way one could change the following:

When someone, after registration, has clicked the activation link, the message that the administrator yet has to activate the account will be displayed for just a mere second. One can hardly read the message that fast - especially if you're not aware that there will be such a message.
I guess it would require some addings to the includes/ucp/ucp_activate.php.

Thanks again for your help!
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello,
I've done a fix for the bug at the de.xml. Please look at my first post at this topic.

The refresh time:
OPEN includes/ucp/ucp_activate.php
FIND (it's included two times - take the second result)

meta_refresh(3, append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx"));
Change 3 with an higher value. (Not tested!)

Bye Myrtin
Last edited by Martin Truckenbrodt on Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My MODs
bashulaojia

Post by bashulaojia »

Thanks Martin for the quick help!

I will look into this tomorrow...

UPDATE: Just implemented the changes you suggested with great success. A value of 7 did the trick for me.
semag

Post by semag »

Thanks again for this Mod Martin. Almost done with our true live forum here, but I ran into a little snag and I can't figure out how to fix this one.

The double email works great, except that there are 3 founders on my board (at the moment) and only the first email actually has content.

Somebody registers and clicks their activation link, and then the ucp.php file does a call to the ucp_activate.php file. Inside there, it does a "select ... from users where usertype=founder" (not exact syntax) and that works and grabs the 3 founders.

The first email that the board sends looks great, but the second and third emails have headers but are blank....

This is the last header in the blank email I receive...

$messenger->headers('X-AntiAbuse: User IP - ' . $user->ip);
And I think it's either missing the messenger->template call or the "assign_vars" call, and I'm not sure how to set up to troubleshoot if the two calls are making it through... any thoughts?
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello semag,
I will test it on my board next days.

Perhaps some lines above the while loop have to be moved into the loop itself.

Bye Martin
My MODs
semag

Post by semag »

Thanks man.

I was thinking too that maybe the template call is failing, thus causing an empty message body - whereas the headers and such are still populated correctly. I'm going to double check a couple of these things in just a minute.
semag

Post by semag »

NICE!!! Good thought martin... here's what I did:

BERFORE

$messenger = new messenger(false);
$messenger->template('admin_activate', $user_row['user_lang']);

while ($admin_row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
                        {

$server_url = generate_board_url();
AFTER:

while ($admin_row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
                        {
                                $messenger = new messenger(false);
                                $messenger->template('admin_activate', $user_row['user_lang']);

$server_url = generate_board_url();
I think what was happening was that the email was getting created with the messenger->template call, but that was getting written to and then the while statement looped through and didn't re-create the email.

Seems like that worked to me, I don't know if it may have broken anything. Let me know what you think.
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello semag,
I will test next days.

Bye Martin
My MODs
rma-web
Name: Ryan Albertson

Post by rma-web »

hi, in the DIY section, i cant find
Groups/Users section. is this the correct path?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”