[BETA] Board Usage Statistics Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
calennert

[BETA] Board Usage Statistics Mod

Post by calennert » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:07 pm

First Beta Release, v.0.30.2

Overview:
The BB Usage Statistics Mod displays statistical information on a bulletin board user's Profile page detailing the user's per forum and per category:
  • Posts - The number of posts in the corresponding forum or category.
  • Post Rate - A value that can be scalable by the viewer at the board administrator's discretion. A default scaling factor can be also set by the administrator.
  • Percent of User's Total Posts (%UTP)
  • Percent of User's Total Unpruned Posts (%UTUP) - An optional column that displays more accurate percentages than %UTP for boards that do not reset user post counts following pruning operations.
  • New Topics - The number of new topics initiated by the user.
  • Topic Rate - Functions in the same fashion as Post Rate.
  • Watched - The number of topics being watched by the user.
The mod's administrative configuration options include the ability to set:
  • The classes of users allowed to view the statistics. The classes of users include Anonymous, Self, Users, Moderators, Admin, and Special Group. The Special Group allows the administrator to define a usergroup and assign it the ability to view users' statistics.
  • View Options which switch on or off various items of information in the statistics table including "Display %UTUP Column in Stats Table", "Show All Forums Regardless of Post Count", and viewer scalability of the Post and Topic Rates.
  • The default scaling factors for the Post Rate and Topic Rate columns.
In short, the BB Usage Statistics mod can be a valuable tool for boards needing to track how board visitors are using the board's forums.

Installation:
The installation aims to be very simple: extract the zip contents to your phpBB folder and insert (BEFORE, ADD) a total of four lines to enable the mod. The necessary CONFIG table records are inserted automatically upon first viewing of a user's Profile page or of the admininistrative Configuration page. The mod has thus far been tested with phpBB 2.0.3 and 2.0.4.

Known Bugs:
None as of 02/18/03

To Kristofer McCormic (aka Phade) at AnimeMusicVideos.org for the original mod idea and for the testing & feedback the has provided. And, of course, to the phpBB Group for a positively awesome product!

Download
| More Info

Thanks!

calennert

Post by calennert » Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:37 pm

A quick shot of the mod in action until I get a demo forum up and running:
Chris Lennert
Author of the BB Usage Statistics Mod, available for download from the Lennertmods Project.

Deriel

Post by Deriel » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:05 pm

Wonderful MOD!

Works smoothly, easy instalation... the only adapatations I made were relationed with the template cache ( new directories inside /templates/cache)

calennert

Post by calennert » Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:58 pm

Thanks for the compliment!

This mod is really all about giving administrators and moderators insight into one specific user, allowing them to see where the user spends most of their time, what topics they are most interested in, whether the user tends to respond mostly or to frequently start new topics, etc.

One future change that I intend to implement is to make the values in the Watched topic column link to search results listing the topics being watched in the corresponding category or forum.

And, of course, further suggestions from the phpBB community are more than welcome as well!
Chris Lennert
Author of the BB Usage Statistics Mod, available for download from the Lennertmods Project.

Mohd

Post by Mohd » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:10 pm

Nice mod I will give it a try . .
Visit My Site Mohd Web Site!
My Current mod is PaFileDb Integration 0.0.8
Demo: Click Here
No support via PM

calennert

Post by calennert » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:31 pm

Any problems noted thus far?
Chris Lennert

autor

Post by autor » Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:41 pm

How can i install a hack in mod form?

I never did it before. Do you have the hack in regular txt forum?

calennert

Post by calennert » Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:38 pm

autor wrote: How can i install a hack in mod form?

Autor,
Not sure what you're looking for here. The .mod file for this MOD is a regular text file that details the minimal amount of modification necessary to get this MOD up and running. That and the act of dropping in some files into your PHPBBROOT and the MOD should be working for you.

Not sure if that helps but if you're having problems getting it working, feel free to let me know. :)

Take care.
Chris Lennert

mrmccracker

Post by mrmccracker » Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:04 am

Wow, that mod looks great! Good work! I will have to install it as soon as php-nuke releases the phpbb forums in version 6.5 (like 5 more days...)

-Josh

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax » Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:21 am

I've got a problem, but first let me explain the situation.

I'm user the user control panel mod instead of adding this in the view profile files. It's a nice setup, cause all I have to do is add that one line of code in the tpl, which I love, and the include line in usercp.php. now after I uploaded it all I get this error:

Function get_topics_watched_rows(): Could not obtain topics watched information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') ORDER BY t.forum_id' at line 1

SELECT t.forum_id, w.user_id, count( w.topic_id ) AS watch_count FROM phpbb_topics_watch AS w INNER JOIN phpbb_topics AS t ON w.topic_id = t.topic_id GROUP BY w.user_id, t.forum_id HAVING ( w.user_id = ) ORDER BY t.forum_id

Line : 173
File : /home/virtual/site48/fst/var/www/html/Forum/mods/bb_usage_stats/includes/bb_usage_stats.php

any ideas?

autor

Post by autor » Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:39 am

calennert wrote:
autor wrote:How can i install a hack in mod form?

Autor,
Not sure what you're looking for here. The .mod file for this MOD is a regular text file that details the minimal amount of modification necessary to get this MOD up and running. That and the act of dropping in some files into your PHPBBROOT and the MOD should be working for you.

Not sure if that helps but if you're having problems getting it working, feel free to let me know. :)

Take care.

I don't have any txt file, all i have is a pdf file that tells you how to do the installation. Also, it's a mod file in there but not everybody use a mod file for installation. But anyway, i had to go through the trouble of convertin pdf to html format and copy/paste it from there.

Other than that, it was a real easy installation and it works with no problem. Thanks, this is probably my 2nd favorite hack for my type of board.

Good job! :)
Last edited by autor on Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax » Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:43 am

but there's a file that says bb_usage_statistic.mod or something, I just changed the .mod to a .txt and read it like that . . .

autor

Post by autor » Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:45 am

lmmfao....oh. I really did'nt know it was that simple.

But now i know.

Thanks!

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax » Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:52 am

haha, it's all good. when I first saw that I was like what the hell, cause my winamp is associated with .mod, but then I realized, hehe

calennert

Post by calennert » Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:36 pm

autor wrote: ...it was a real easy installation and it works with no problem. Thanks, this is probably my 2nd favorite hack for my type of board.

Good job! :)
Thanks for the compliment, autor! I aim to please...

About the documentation formats: I'm a bit of a DocBook freak, so I usually attempt to generate all documentation (website, mod file, html/pdf manuals) from a single set of source documents. Wacky, I know, but that's part of being a geek.... :wink:

edit: fixed typo
Last edited by calennert on Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Lennert

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”