Enable Browser Language Detection

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Martin Truckenbrodt
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt

Re: Enable Browser Language Detection

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt »

Hello,
it seems to be related to the language pack or the style.

Bye Martin
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

Works on 3.0.7 installed with Automod.
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
whocarez

Post by whocarez »

Hello,

I´ve a minor problem with version 1.2.2 on phpbb3 3.0.7pl1.
Installed are parallel "de" and "de_x_sie" for German users. If German language is detected, then guest users get "de" as default language, but it would be better or more polite, when "de_x_sie" would show up. So, is it possible to integrate a function to define a language for some cases?
Thanks!
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello,
you can try to change of the order the language packs are installed. So that de_x_sie is listed before de. But I haven't tested this by now.
Be carefully: Uninstalling of language packs and changing the default language pack can result some work for registered users or a lot of work for you.

Or uninstall de completely. This would be the best solution. IMO it makes no sense to install de and de_x_sie together. [German]Wird die Sie-Form gebraucht, braucht man meiner Meinung und Erfahrung nach die Ich-Form nicht. Letzendlich hängt es eigentlich nur davon ab, was bei Dir im Forum im Umgang miteinander üblich ist.[/German]

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
whocarez

Post by whocarez »

Martin Truckenbrodt wrote: you can try to change of the order the language packs are installed. So that de_x_sie is listed before de. But I haven't tested this by now.
I changed the lang_id and I also tried to uninstall "de" and install it again, to change the load order, but with no success. I think the "problem" is the "iso-code" it is set for "de_x_sie" and can´t be detected.
In the end I made a decision and deinstalled "de", so everything is now pollite :-D.

Anyway, thanks!
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello whocarez,
thank you very much for the feedback!

Bye Martin
My MODs
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

MOD Updated to version 1.2.3
See first post for Download Link

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”