[ABD] Activity MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Napoleon

[ABD] Activity MOD

Post by Napoleon » Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:47 am

I can no longer support this MOD due to my new work schedule. Sawie everyone. If anyone wishes to take over the development of this MOD then please start a new topic stating so. The only thing that I request is that you keep me listed in the install file as the original author while including my current email address, like so ::

Code: Select all

Original Author :: Christopher Moore "Napoleon" neon_de_leon@yahoo.com
This can be placed within the notes section so as not to screw up the MOD template.

Please also contact me via email stating that you are taking it over so I can forward all questions concerning this MOD, to your email account.
Last edited by Napoleon on Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:22 pm, edited 10 times in total.

JAJMulder

Post by JAJMulder » Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:22 am

Perhaps you could include an MySQL installer? I know it's not that hard to install mySQL tables manually but for newbies it might be easier.

Napoleon

Post by Napoleon » Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:27 am

Of course. :D But right now I'm still in the middle of getting all the kinks out and a few people have been waiting along time for this so I went ahead and released it now. I still have to add in the toggle for flash games and then I can make the installer for it.

DoMe

Post by DoMe » Sun May 04, 2003 7:02 am

i'll install it when you can have flash games :)

Crumblylettuce

Post by Crumblylettuce » Sun May 04, 2003 6:21 pm

erm...do you have a working demo ?

I will install it when it comes with an SQL file....

Napoleon

Post by Napoleon » Mon May 05, 2003 11:37 pm

I have it setup on my site right now but I'm also having problems with keeping highscores. I'm working on a way to grab scores from java games, and reading a flash game highscore, or having the highscore passed from the flash game itself. Once I get this done I'll setup a test account for everyone to play with. :wink:

Napoleon

Post by Napoleon » Tue May 13, 2003 4:29 am

This has been updated and now also includes an install file. :wink: If you want to see a demo then login my forums :

beggers

Post by beggers » Tue May 13, 2003 6:53 am

Napoleon wrote: This has been updated and now also includes an install file. :wink: If you want to see a demo then login my forums :

Those are fun! Nice work.

Antony

Post by Antony » Tue May 13, 2003 5:32 pm

Any prepacked games?

Napoleon

Post by Napoleon » Wed May 14, 2003 5:21 am

So far three. :D Plus any flash game can install just by telling the Activity MOD where to find the swf file. However theres no highscore support for flash games yet. Still trying to get Neave's games to work but I need to learn some more flash stuff before I can get it to work.

Antony

Post by Antony » Wed May 14, 2003 8:57 am

And I can download these games were? :oops:

Napoleon

Post by Napoleon » Wed May 14, 2003 8:59 am

:lol: You can get them from my forums by either registering and download them from the files area or logging in as testguy and downloading them from the files area. :D You can't miss it once you logon, it's at the top of the forums.

Antony

Post by Antony » Wed May 14, 2003 11:28 am

How do I install tjhe games?
I am in college,. but I'll do them tonight.

Napoleon

Post by Napoleon » Wed May 14, 2003 6:12 pm

The games that are already for download, you would just make a directory under your forums called games and the put the game in a folder under it's name.

Example :
  • Game : Tetris
  • Directory : yourforums/games/tetris/
  • Template : yourforums/yourtemplate/tetris_body.tpl
Then setup the options by adding in a game from the Activity MOD ie telling it how much you want to charge/reward, where it's located, how big you want the window, if it's a flash game or not, plus if it uses the gamelib or not. Thats basically how all games are installed when they've been made ready for download. I have a huge list of games I'm gonna make available once I get the flash routines done for highscores. I'm also working on a tutorial for converting your own games to work with the Activity MOD. It's basically add one function to the game with two variables plus add a hidden form in the template file. Flash games are a bit different and will require the fla source to modify them.

Antony

Post by Antony » Wed May 14, 2003 7:25 pm

Were do I put gamelib?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”