[DISC] Bantron

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
GUI

[DISC] Bantron

Post by GUI »

Loosely based on Wooly Spud's Advanced Banned User Manager (although it has nearly gone through an entire rewrite since I started working on it), I give you Bantron:

.tar.gz
.zip

The major differences between Bantron, and Wooly Spud's version is it introduces a more robust reasons feature and also allows expire times for each ban.

Reasons: Bantron has two different reasons. The first is the private reason, the second the public reason. The private reason is only viewable from within Bantron and the admin panel, so this is where you can keep all sorts of good information on why you banned the user, being as nasty as you want. The public reason is displayed to the user whenever they attempt to log in (or in the case of an IP ban, whenever they access a page). Basically, this replaces the generic ban error with one where you can explain to the user why they've been banned. Or you can also opt to keep the generic message. The public reason can have three settings--you can keep it as the generic message, you can have it mirror the private message (in case you've already explained everything in the private message, and just want the user to get that same message), or you can create your own custom public message.

Expire time: Expire time allows you to set a time for each ban after which point the ban will stop working (it will remain in the database, but it won't be effective). This also has a few settings: never, relative time, or absolute time. Never is self-explanatory, the ban simply remains effective forever just like normal bans. Relative time allows you to specify a number of minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years into the future after which the ban will become inactive. Absolute time, allows you to specify a certain date and time (hh:mm am/pm/24-hour mm/dd/yyyy) after which the ban will become inactive).

Bantron also features the list type interface for looking at bans like the Advanced Banned User Manager, and keeps track of all that other good stuff as well (when the ban was put into place, by which administrator, etc). I've also reworked the general interface from the Advanced Banned User Manager a bit to more of my liking.
Last edited by GUI on Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hard work may not kill you, but why take chances?
Deriel

Post by Deriel »

It have some kind of problem with Niels Cards MOD?
GUI

Post by GUI »

Eh?
GPHemsley
Name: Gordon Hemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

JayJ

Post by JayJ »

I have the same problem as wooly's here

When I click view I get a 404 error :S but when I click edit on yours it appears ok - any ideas?
PureBobba

Post by PureBobba »

Will this mod work on 2.0.5?
GUI

Post by GUI »

It does for me.
PureBobba

Post by PureBobba »

Install guide?
GUI

Post by GUI »

Err... download the files. There are mod directions in there.
PureBobba

Post by PureBobba »

Sorry, you are right. It's because of the ending I think. It came up as the install guide was a winamp file :?
Jamer

Post by Jamer »

I set this for 5 mins, not working?
Godlike242

Post by Godlike242 »

what happened to using "install.txt"?
testebr

Post by testebr »

I installed and I functioned VERY well, placed a test user as banished and added a message personalized for me and also I placed time of 10 minutes, but it was not unban :(

somebody has idea of as to decide?
hkiforum

Post by hkiforum »

I got the latest version in here:
http://phpbbhacks.com/viewhack.php?id=1551 :wink:
testebr

Post by testebr »

version 1.00 no work 100% in my forum. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”