- Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:36 am
- File size:
- 335.95 KiB
- Validated for:
- phpBB 3.2.2
- MD5 checksum:
The Akismet extension allows to run phpBB posts and registrations through the Akismet anti-spam service.
Akismet extension requires an Akismet API key which may be obtained at akismet.com. Some boards are eligible for free (personal) plan. Just set plan price to 0.
Your board is not eligible for free plan if:
- it is tied to a business/company or
- it has any any revenue-generating content (a store, advertising, affiliate links, etc.) - VigLink extension is an exception
- Checks new registrations and categorizes spambots into dedicated groups after registration.
- Checks posts before publishing and prevents bots from posting spam posts.
- Also acts preventively when legitimate user was hacked and now is posting spam posts - such posts will be sent to validation queue.
- Ability to disable checks for users with more than N posts.
- Doesn't check admin and moderator posts.
Important: IP address, user agent, user name, email address, the user's website profile field, post contents and many $_SERVER variables are sent to Akismet servers when new post is created and (if enabled in ACP) when new registration occurs. Data are used to detect spam posts/registrations and for further improvement of their system.