You can download it from GitHub or get the archive off my website.
- Now uses AES-128-CBC encryption, a higher and much more secure encryption standard, for generating a hash of the user's password. This means you must rerun the Smartfeed user interface to generate a new URL if you want to use the logged in features of Smartfeed. If you don't you will get a Smartfeed error that will direct you to do this.
- Supports phpBB 3.2 only
generate_text_for_display()function can leave
</at the end of strings. This appears to be a bug and can cause feeds not to validate. If present I remove these characters.
- When you specify the number of items in the feed, it includes private messages and external feed items (if any) in the count.
- Attachment sizes shown in kilobytes use the language string
- When a user is logged in, if the administrator has turned on the feature to require IP authentication, the user interface no longer shows a control allowing you to not use it
- When a user sets the maximum number of items in a feed, it is not ignored.
<br />tags replaced with
<br>tags in templates. HTML 5 is not as picky as XHTML.
Removed the constant
SMARTFEED_IVsince the AEC-128-CBC algorithm needs a randomly generated IV
- Removed redundant template variables
- Changed criteria for identifying new posts and new topics. If either the post date or the topic date falls within the range of time wanted (such as 24 hours) it is identified as new. There is also a new language string that specifically identified new topics
- The default language for the feed is based on the default board language, so it is not always
- Migration program uses
config.update()rather than a combination of
- SimplePie library was upgraded to the current production release: 1.5
- Smartfeed homepage URL now includes the
- User interface notes that styling in feed does not apply to items that are in external feeds.