Topic Image Preview
phpBB 3.3.1, 3.2.10
- Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:29 pm
- File size:
- 43.08 KiB
- Validated for:
- phpBB 3.3.1, 3.2.10
- MD5 checksum:
- Install directory:
Display thumbnail previews of images in a topic when hovering the mouse over the topic. This should be useful for boards that focus on posting image galleries.
Requirements: phpBB 3.2.1 or newer
- Previews images posted using the IMG bbcode (attachments are not supported)
- You can set the number images to show in a preview
- You can set the size of the preview images
- Preview either the first images posted (oldest), or the last images posted (newest).
- Users have preference to disable image previews if they want
- Admin can use forum-based permissions to allow the forums and usergroups they want to see image previews
- Image previews work in search results (as topics), and they will respect any forum/usergroup permissions
- Image previews work with Precise Similar Topics, and they will respect any forum/usergroup permissions
- Images are extracted from all posts from all topics on the page in a single SQL query, so it's very low impact on performance and resource usage
Note: The preview effect is handled by a 3rd party tooltip plug in. For best results, the default settings are what I recommend. Of course you're free to make images bigger or smaller and as many or few as you like, but the preview tooltip could have undesirable results if you go too extreme with the settings.
- General settings:
Permissions->Forum permissions->Select forum->Select group->Advanced->Actions->Can see topic image previews