Warning: The author of this contribution does not provide support for it anymore.

VigLink.com Forum Monetization and Analytics

where is ?? - VigLink.com Forum Monetization and Analytics

where is ??

by Necropsycho » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 pm

i dont see nothing on my site after i install this mod,,is it visible somewhere??
Necropsycho
Registered User
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:43 am
Contact:

Re: where is ??

by VigLink.com » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:10 pm

in the admin control panel, click on board settings.

you'll see
Your VigLink API Key:
Copy your API key from the viglink.com account page and paste it here.

enter your API Key from http://www.viglink.com/account?vgref=phpBB

and that's all there is to it.

VigLink will automatically convert merchant links into affiliate links transparently, when a merchant link is clicked.

You can post a question or look though existing answers at: http://getsatisfaction.com/viglink
User avatar
VigLink.com
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:58 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: where is ??

by Necropsycho » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:27 pm

i am not asking that
i asking you where i can see this mod there is no any links on my board to show any viglink to someone click on it..
Necropsycho
Registered User
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:43 am
Contact:

Re: where is ??

by VigLink.com » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Necropsycho wrote:i am not asking that
i asking you where i can see this mod there is no any links on my board to show any viglink to someone click on it..


You will not see any outward change to your site.

What it does is convert your existing merchant links into affiliate links once a user clicks on it.

in the normal course of forum discussions, you'll have members posts something similar to the following:
Hey check out this eBay auction, why would someone do this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=


What VigLink does, is as soon as that eBay link is clicked, we convert it into an affiliate link and it becomes something like this: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... iewitem%3D

The user is taken to the exact same page, but now you've earned revenue from sending a user to that merchant. Depending on the size, demographics and topic of your site, you can earn anywhere from a few cents a day to over a thousand bucks a day.


Here are some more details: http://www.viglink.com/corp/publishers/?vgref=phpBB

here's what some of our publishers and merchants have to say about VigLink:

Director of eBay Motors
Famous Rhodes

"VigLink has been a true partner in every aspect of the word. They continue to push the envelope to improve the consumer experience, while delivering high quality traffic to our site. I would recommend VigLink for any blog/forum that puts the consumer first."


Director of Internet Brands
Alvin Fong

"VigLink has been a great and responsive partner during our nearly 2 year partnership. Their innovative products and service have provided an additional channel of monetization without interfering with our core user experience. The additional value they bring to the table is a willingness to collaborate and assist us in developing new monetization opportunities."


AVSForum.com
David Bott

"From the first day we started with VigLink, we have never looked back, or elsewhere, for real time commission link management."


Google Affiliate Network
Mari Condon

"VigLink is a fast, automated way for Bloggers to partner with Google Affiliate Network. It takes minimal effort for Bloggers to monetize their content through Google Affiliate Network links and we've already seen VigLink installs result in new productive, affiliate publishers."
User avatar
VigLink.com
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:58 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: where is ??

by Neuropass » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:33 am

There is nothing posted here:


can we get more explanation? where do you find merchant links?
User avatar
Neuropass
Registered User
Posts: 1158
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:02 pm
Location: SciTE4AutoIt3
Contact:

Re: where is ??

by VigLink.com » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:43 pm

Neuropass wrote:There is nothing posted here:


can we get more explanation? where do you find merchant links?



Merchants links occur naturally in during the normal course of user interaction on a forum.

Forum users may post a deal they saw on Amazon.com, or they may post a strange auction on eBay.. you'd be surprised how often such links are posted.
User avatar
VigLink.com
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:58 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: where is ??

by lance1685 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:20 pm

Attempted install with directions on install.xml --

Did everything it asked and now when checking on my dashboard I see this:

VigLink was not detected, but this might help:
Using an ad blocker? Disable it and try again.
Make sure the code is installed on that page. (We only check this page, not other pages on the same site.)
Check that the "key" value exactly matches the one above.
Still having trouble? Ask us for help!

Any assistance welcomed: http://www.my1685.com/forums/index.php
lance1685
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: where is ??

by Blackwolf_Oz » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:54 am

How did you add it? Did you do the file edits ?
We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Ultimate Edition, Ultimate Edition Oz, Oz Unity
User avatar
Blackwolf_Oz
Registered User
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:15 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Name: Nick
Contact:

Re: where is ??

by seedoubleyou » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:20 pm

You dont have to use this mod, a cleaner method in my opinion is to to add the VigLink code (from http://www.viglink.com/install) manually.

Once you've got the code, which looks like this...

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
  var vglnk = { api_url: '//api.viglink.com/api',
                key: 'a83271599cda5c14ba3f149644bfedf5' };

  (function(d, t) {
    var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true;
    s.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? vglnk.api_url :
             '//cdn.viglink.com/api') + '/vglnk.js';
    var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r);
  }(document, 'script'));
</script>


Just add it before

Code: Select all

</body>
</html>

in the styles/yourtemplate/templates/overall_footer.html file.

After that just be sure to head to the ACP >> Styles >> Template >> Press 'Refresh' for your style
Then head to GENERAL >> Purge the cache (its in the centre of the page) >> Click 'Run Now'
User avatar
seedoubleyou
Registered User
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:11 pm
Contact:

Re: where is ??

by seedoubleyou » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:31 pm

Actually I just posted it in viewtopic_body.html in the end, before

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->


This way its not running on every page where they're no links to possible affiliates, instead just on actual posts which are more likely to contain links to the affiliate sites under VigLink from user posted content
User avatar
seedoubleyou
Registered User
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:11 pm
Contact:

Re: where is ??

by lance1685 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:23 pm

I have refreshed the styles template and purged the cache and this has not helped. I still get the same error when checking: mywebsite.com/forums/ or mywebsite.com/forums/index.php

When I first installed this, I used the installer, and it created viglink_embed.html

This includes the API key automatically. Since that didn't seem to be working I decided to try the manual way you mentioned by going into overall_footer.html and when that didn't work I tried manually entering the info in the viewtopic_body.html then re-refreshing and re-purging the templates and cache. That didn't work for me either. Not sure what's wrong. Also, I earned $3 from some clicks a few months back, so it seems to be working somewhere on the site, yet when I'm checking it from the viglink page I'm still getting this error:
VigLink was not detected, but this might help:

Using an ad blocker? Disable it and try again.
Make sure the code is installed on that page. (We only check this page, not other pages on the same site.)
Check that the "key" value exactly matches the one above.
Still having trouble? Ask us for help!
Last edited by lance1685 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:50 pm
lance1685
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: where is ??

by lance1685 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:31 pm

Also, when I go to the mywebsite.com/forums/viglink_install.php the install and update options are greyed out, "ignore" is selected for version select, and "no" for display full results. I can see viglink in my ACP >> Board Settings and have entered my API key. I have done all the refreshing, purging, etc.. after having done all that and still getting no results.

Mod Version: 1.0.1
Currently Installed: 1.0.1
lance1685
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: where is ??

by acunningham » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:05 pm

lance1685 wrote:I have refreshed the styles template and purged the cache and this has not helped. I still get the same error when checking: mywebsite.com/forums/ or mywebsite.com/forums/index.php

When I first installed this, I used the installer, and it created viglink_embed.html

This includes the API key automatically. Since that didn't seem to be working I decided to try the manual way you mentioned by going into overall_footer.html and when that didn't work I tried manually entering the info in the viewtopic_body.html then re-refreshing and re-purging the templates and cache. That didn't work for me either. Not sure what's wrong. Also, I earned $3 from some clicks a few months back, so it seems to be working somewhere on the site, yet when I'm checking it from the viglink page I'm still getting this error:
VigLink was not detected, but this might help:

Using an ad blocker? Disable it and try again.
Make sure the code is installed on that page. (We only check this page, not other pages on the same site.)
Check that the "key" value exactly matches the one above.
Still having trouble? Ask us for help!


Hi -- Anna here with VigLink. Have you opened a support ticket to get help with this? Email us at support at viglink dot com and we'd be happy to help figure out what may be happening.

Best,
Anna
acunningham
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:43 pm
Contact:

Re: where is ??

by zohar79 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:07 pm

Running 3.1, still can't get this to work. I've edited my style's overall_footer.htm, and it's still not showing up on any of the forum's pages.
zohar79
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:08 pm
Contact:

Re: where is ??

by WWu777 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:41 am

VigLink.com wrote:in the admin control panel, click on board settings.

you'll see
Your VigLink API Key:
Copy your API key from the viglink.com account page and paste it here.

enter your API Key from http://www.viglink.com/account?vgref=phpBB

and that's all there is to it.

VigLink will automatically convert merchant links into affiliate links transparently, when a merchant link is clicked.

You can post a question or look though existing answers at: http://getsatisfaction.com/viglink
I'm on phpbb 3.2. When I click board settings in the ACP I don't see any field for VigLink API key.

But there is a VigLink extension that came with the phpbb 3.2 installation package. Can we use that one instead of downloading the mod? If so how do you use it?
WWu777
Registered User
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:40 pm
Contact: