The primary purpose of this update is to fix the issues which have prevented the acceptance of recent versions of the style into the phpBB styles database. One of these issues was some rather awkward layout of the header on small screens.
The changes in more detail are:
- Improvements to header layout and other minor changes
- Moved the header buttons to be outside the header image rather than inside,
as this works better with scaling the image for smaller screens.
- Added a border the same width as button height around the header image.
- Moved the header image from theme/common.css to template/overall_header.html
as this allows better control of layout of surrounding elements.
- Moved the contents of template/navbar_heater.html into
template/overall_header.html, as the button arrays now need to be split for
inclusion before and after the header image.
- Removed (now empty) template/navbar_header.html
- Several changes to .css files to get the revised header looking correct on
all screen sizes.
- Created new custom.css file to contain css values that ate commonly
customised for different forum requirements
- Added some html id= tags to facilitate customisation of header buttons (and
corresponding dropdown menu items)
- Added some missing template event tags
- Tidied up some minor html and css syntax errors
- Added myself as author in footer
- The header image is now specified in template/overall_header.html, not theme/common.css
- Several other common customisation items have moved to a new file theme/custom.css so that they are kept together to make future updates easier
You can download a copy to play with from: https://github.com/v12mike/we_universal/tree/2.5.5-beta I will make a full release after some more testing and feedback.