Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin
Description: Get the steps to executing SQL queries for MODs in phpMyAdmin
In Categories: Miscellanea
- Link to this article: Select All
[url=https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3.1/kb/article/executing-sql-queries-in-phpmyadmin/]Knowledge Base - Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin[/url]
1. Go into phpMyAdmin in your web browser and enter your login and password : you should see a screen like this :
2. Now, find your database on the left part of the screen :
3. You should see something like this :
Top of the screen :
4. Look for the SQL tab and click it. Once you are on this page, copy/paste the SQL query to run into the box. Make sure that the table prefix in the query matches the table prefix shown in the left window. The default is
phpbb_, but if the query uses the prefix
phpbb_and yours is different, edit all the instances of the table prefix in the query to match your table prefix:
5. Click on "Go" (or Execute) :
6. Now, you should see a page like this :
7. If you get a message error, like this :
Just read the error message and correct the sql query and try it again.
If all has gone well you have then successfully executed a SQL query using phpMyAdmin.
EDIT by stevemaury 1371130692 UTC to add instructions re non-default table prefixes.