Description: The method described here is for updating 3.2.x boards with no core code changes.
In Categories: Installing/Upgrading/Converting
- Link to this article: Select All
[url=https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3.2/kb/article/updating-32x/]Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x[/url]
- Backup all board files and the database.
- Download the Full Package of the latest version of 3.2.x
- Unzip to your desktop and open the phpBB3 folder.
- Remove (delete) the
config.phpfile, and the
/filesfolders from the package (not your site).
- Using FTP, delete the
/cachefolders from the board's root folder on the host.
- Via FTP or SSH upload the remaining files and folders (that is, the remaining CONTENTS of the phpBB3 folder) to the root folder of your board installation on the server, overwriting the existing files. (Note: take care not to delete any extensions in your
/extfolder when uploading the new phpBB3 contents.)
- In your browser go to
- Follow the steps to update the database and let that run to completion.
- Via FTP or SSH delete the
/installfolder from the root of your board installation.
Follow up tasks:
- Update your language pack
- Update your style